Nonprofit, Healthcare, Human Services, Research, Data Analysis, Outreach, Marketing, Volunteer Platform Management
About United Way of St. Croix Valley
United Way St. Croix Valley advances the common good by creating opportunities for all. We focus on projects supporting education, income, and health–the building blocks for a good quality of life. We work with organizations and individuals to solve community problems in St. Croix, Pierce, and Polk counties. This position is located in Hudson, one of the fastest growing cities in Wisconsin and only a short drive from the Twin Cities. The city is located on the St. Croix River surrounded by beautiful natural spaces with outdoor activities, including waterfalls in Willow River State Park and outdoor concerts in Lakefront Park. The Connected Communities Initiative aims to connect rural and underserved residents across Wisconsin to services they need to overcome poverty. As a Connected Communities VISTA, you will build capacity for 2-1-1 and Volunteer Wisconsin so service providers can expand their impact. This capacity will be built by increasing awareness of both programs, improving systems and procedures, fundraising, and developing partnerships. 2-1-1 is a simple, free way to connect all people in need with vital human services for everyday life or in times of crisis. By dialing 2-1-1 anywhere in the state of Wisconsin, people are linked to information about local resources, 24 hours, every day, all year. Volunteer Wisconsin aims to connect volunteers, promote volunteering, and support the capacity of nonprofits. Our mission is to leverage volunteer capabilities and local assets to enhance Wisconsin communities. Successful applicants will be service-minded, computer-savvy, and eager to learn! Prepare to experience several aspects of nonprofit organizations and network with dozens of partners across the human services, health care, government, and nonprofit sectors. Each member will create a professional development plan during their orientation and receive several trainings throughout their service year. Additionally, you will have a unique chance to dig deep into the problems Wisconsinites are facing and be part of the solution for many struggling families.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Help connect Wisconsin residents to the services they need! You will increase awareness, improve systems, and build capacity for 2-1-1 and Volunteer Wisconsin in Pierce, Polk & St. Croix Counties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
As a VISTA member at United Way St. Croix Valley you will help end poverty by increasing awareness, capacity and use of 2-1-1 Wisconsin and Volunteer Wisconsin to better connect people to services they need and volunteer opportunities. Major functions will include:
- Develop a community assessment report to analyze service disparities and community needs
- Improve outreach and marketing systems to promote 2-1-1 and volunteerism in target communities
- Optimize resource database systems to improve customer service and resource maintenance
- Develop a baseline of resources existing in target community’s database
- Enhance reporting systems to accurately represent data to the community and stakeholders
- Increase capacity of organizations by expanding usage of volunteer maintenance platform
Desirable, But Not Required
Benefits VISTA Service program offers:
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Choice of education award or stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health coverage
- Living allowance
- Relocation allowance
Terms and Conditions
- 18 years old
- US Citizens, nationals, or legal residents
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
- VISTA is a 1-year, full-time commitment
- Political advocacy, organizing or demonstrating while on VISTA duty, or while perceived to be on duty, is prohibited
Program Duration: 9/3/2019 – 9/4/2020
**This position is located in Hudson, WI**
Please apply through the AmeriCorps website here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=86206&fromSearch=true
Click the red Apply Now button to complete the application.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.