UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL NEW MEXICO
Santa Fe CONNECT 211 Coordinator
Job Title: CONNECT 211 Coordinator Department: Impact
Reports to:211 Manager
Salary Classification: Level II
Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) serves the people of five counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance, Santa Fe, and Valencia. Its mission is to bring people and resources together to measurably improve lives and strengthen our communities.
UWCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in Central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity.
UWCNM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and upholds the following values:
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
The 211 information and referral line of UWCNM provides callers throughout Central NM with information on a broad range of community, social, health and government resources. UWCNM 211 is partnering with CONNECT to create a central phone number individuals can contact to be linked to resources. CONNECT is a joint project of the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County to create a network of navigators who make referrals and provide navigation services to individuals throughout Santa Fe. Navigators are community health workers, volunteers, or social workers who link people to services and resources in the community. Agencies in the CONNECT network are connected through a shared technology platform enabling navigators to send and receive secure electronic referrals, address residents’ social needs, and improve individual and community health. The goal of CONNECT is to ensure the health and social needs of individuals are being met and to support the agencies who are providing much needed services to these individuals.
Under the direction of the 211 Manager, the CONNECT 211 Coordinator will support the work of United Way and CONNECT. The CONNECT 211 Coordinator will build capacity and structure to the 211 CONNECT partnership and support the community by utilizing multiple information and referral software as well as a cloud-based phone software to help connect callers to services in Santa Fe County.
The CONNECT 211 Coordinator will be trained to utilize both the iCarol and Unite Us platforms. The Santa Fe CONNECT 211 Coordinator will utilize the iCarol platform for data collection and the Unite Us platform to provide navigation services and to make referrals to the CONNECT network. The CONNECT 211 Coordinator will ensure all screening and evaluation tools are completed within the Unite Us platform.
The CONNECT 211 Coordinator will provide Santa Fe City and County partners with call statistics and referral data collected from the iCarol, Unite Us and phone system platforms bi-weekly.
The CONNECT 211 Coordinator will also play an important role as liaison with CONNECT through regular contact, meetings, and required trainings.
Project assignments and participation level will progress based on evolving needs in the community and progression towards achieving Rising Together’s current and developing goal.
- Navigate multiple information and referral software as well as a cloud-based phone system to provide callers from throughout Santa Fe County with information and referral services to health and human services, government agencies and community-based organizations.
- Maintain accurate information and referral call records.
- Manage resource database, including maintaining and updating community resources in iCarol (and other online databases if needed) using a standard service classification system (AIRS taxonomy) to facilitate the indexing and retrieval of community resource information.
- Utilize the Unite Us platform to make referrals to the CONNECT network, completing social determinants of health (SDOH) and evaluation screenings, as needed.
- Recruit, train, and manage Santa Fe 211 volunteers, including monitoring performance of call-taking volunteers and provide feedback and guidance to improve performance.
- Regularly share call data with CONNECT partners.
- Meet regularly with the 211 Manager, Santa Fe Area Director, and CONNECT team for support and guidance.
- Monitor and report on call metrics such as wait time, call completion, and average call time to ensure adequate call coverage.
- Monitor and report on call and website volume and referral data to determine current service use levels.
- Coordinate with community partners and resource hub sites for related activities, including CONNECT.
- Support statewide United Way 211 programs with training on common I&R practices, iCarol, etc.
- Take on and lead one-time projects as assigned.
- Support other areas of United Way as needed.
- Flexibility, independence, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with minimal supervision, to produce high
quality work and provide quality service.
- Demonstrate strong, effective communication skills – written and oral – including the ability to take high-quality notes in meetings.
- Strong interest and learning and maintaining knowledge of resources in Santa Fe County.
- Demonstrate social service abilities including maintaining boundaries, de-escalation, maintaining confidentiality, and sensitivity to working in a multicultural context.
- Strong ability to build and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships with Rising Together partners and key stakeholders.
- Willingness to improve upon existing Spanish language skills or learn basic Spanish conversation
- Demonstrate the ability to develop clear project plans and timelines, communicate with community partners/stakeholders, and monitor progress to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Effective project/time management skills.
- Technology proficient, especially in designing and producing work products and plans.
- Self-starter, flexible to respond to emerging needs, motivated and happy to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- This position is currently remote and will move to an in-office setting in Santa Fe.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS [EDUCATION]:
- High School Diploma
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS [EXPERIENCE]:
- Basic Spanish speaking skills
- Microsoft Office
- Data Entry
- Customer service skills
- Apply excellent listening skills
- Should be respectful, sensitive, and empathetic to the feelings and problems of all people.
- Perform independently with minimal supervision
STARTING SALARY: $24.05/HR, 35 hours FTE. Full-time employees are eligible for health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending account and voluntary insurance programs. We offer a tuition reimbursement plan, volunteer time off, and generous leave time. Part-time employees may be eligible for some of these benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one-year experience working in a social services and/or project coordinator role
- Experience working in community outreach and/or engagement capacity
- Standard PC Office Equipment
Standard office environment, requiring long periods of sitting at a desk and computer. The position requires the ability to lift 20 pounds unassisted, 40 pounds with assistance.
Interested applicants should supply a resume and cover letter, and any questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2022.
United Way of Central New Mexico is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and applicants from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.