Do you want to help meet the tangible needs of nonprofits? Thrive on building relationships with a variety of audiences? Enjoy working in a fast-paced, active role? If so, apply to join the United Way team as Community Services Manager. In this role, you will assist with the daily operation of our Give Items of Value (GIV) warehouse. The GIV program accepts in-kind donations from local companies and national retailers that are available to nonprofits for free. Donations range from office furniture and supplies to housewares, hygiene items, holiday décor and much more. Last year, 188 nonprofits visited GIV and obtained $1.19 million worth of free goods, which helped lower their overhead expenses and funnel more financial resources into programming to meet the needs of their clients. This role also serves as an integral part of our disaster response services.
- Maintain the organization of merchandise located in the warehouse, coordinate volunteer groups, assist merchandise pick-up
- Promotes and coordinates appointments for not-for-profit agencies to visit the warehouse and request donated items.
- Oversight of the warehouse operations in the event the Director of Community Services is not available
- Assists the Director of Community Services with emergency management response
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Full-time, primarily Monday-Friday during normal business hours; however some flexibility is required to occasionally be available early mornings, evenings or weekends.
- Position is carried out primarily in a warehouse environment. Extended period of standing is required, along with ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Prior warehouse job experience of at least 1 year
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate a box-truck, pallet jack, and forklift
- Excellent driving record
- Proficiency using computers, including MS Office, the Internet, and previous experience working inventory management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship and team-building skills
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals:
- Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about what it means to work at United Way at www.unitedwayplains.org/job-openings
United Way of the Plains is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.