Create a county-wide culture of volunteerism where it is easy for a community member to accelerate change to improve their community through the development and implementation of strategies that effectively and efficiently leverage community resources and volunteerism.
- Innovation and Creativity – Actively listen for community assets and opportunities. Regularly examine policies, procedures, and practices to ensure that they are still accurate, efficient, and promote a culture of community and volunteer engagement. Flexibility, adaptability, and openness to change. Commitment to continuous community learning and professional development.
- Action-Oriented/Results Driven - Demonstrate strong drive to achieve meaningful results and ability to follow through on commitments. Able to anticipate and resolve problems effectively. Work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
- Effective Communication - Prepare clear, complete, and concise communication. Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff, and organizations. Must have the ability to maintain confidential information. Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Cultural Competency - Ability to embrace diversity to better engage diversity. Intentional effort to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with diverse communities and individuals in our service area.
- Relationship Management – Works to understand, relate to and engage constituents to improve the experience and generate mutually beneficial relationships leading to genuine partnerships. Generates and grows relationships to drive positive impact for the community.
Differentiate between urgent and non-urgent matters, collect relevant information, and consults with supervisor and team members before making major decisions. Produce creative, innovative, and workable solutions and communicate with all involved.