United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Resource Specialist supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by greeting community members and connecting clients with resources through the Community Resiliency Center, assisting El Pasoans affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet community members through main phone line as they reach out to the Community Resiliency Center, seeking assistance and support related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Greet internal and external customers, donors, and volunteers, fielding routine questions and inquiries.
- Provide a friendly, welcoming and safe environment for community members to feel comfortable seeking care.
- Update a directory of resources and points of contact as necessary to provide accurate information to community members seeking support.
- Maintain accurate records of clients seeking care and obstacles faced to continually provide feedback to the Community Resiliency Center Manager and UWEPC leadership on the need for evolving programs and resources.
- Document all referrals and partnerships to facilitate necessary follow-through and information-sharing.
- Maintain contact with all partners and stakeholders, including updating contact information (phone, email, mailing address) into a central database as necessary.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls to the appropriate resource or staff member.
- Responsible for reception messaging and voicemail.
- Answer emails for general inquiry regarding the Community Resiliency Center.
- Schedule and facilitate communication regarding meetings of staff and partners, including making arrangements for meeting spaces, sending invites and reminders, coordinating conflicting schedules, maintaining RSVP lists, registering guests, and securing vendors, as appropriate.
- Maintain calendar for common spaces and facilitate room set-up, as appropriate.
- Collect, track, and report data related to the usage of the Center and services provided. Provide recurring updates and progress reports to UWEPC and partners on the services offered by the Center as well as the use by community members.
- Collect, track, and report expenses incurred by the Center in an effort to provide services to the community, to include donations, grants, and in-kind resources.
- Maintain purchase order system and purchase office and other miscellaneous supplies within established budget; ensures all supplies are stocked and available for staff use.
- Keep all office equipment properly maintained including making sure copier and printers are properly stocked. Arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for fixed asset inventory.
- As requested, compose miscellaneous correspondence, emails, memos, reports, etc. using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Coordinates schedules, makes and tracks appointments, and arranges and coordinates travel schedules.
- Serve as liaison between IT vendor and staff.
- Supports department personnel by assisting with copying, faxing, filing, mailing, and other tasks of a similar nature.
- Provide assistance to the Manager, as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of the status of programs, engagement, and initiatives to fully participate and provide status updates, when necessary.
- Seek and maintain strong community partnerships with local service providers and potential supporters.
- Cultivate a strong collaborative of response and engagement in the Community Resiliency Center by convening partners to assess community needs and strategically execute programs in collaboration with partners.
- Participate in recurring program and strategic meetings to assist in shaping the vision of UWEPC Community Impact products and partnerships in relation to the Community Resiliency Center.
- Advocate for UWEPC Community Impact products with community partners and stakeholders. Research new programs and services that may be relevant to the mission and values of UWEPC.
- Develop and cultivate successful strategic business/personal relationships.
- Facilitate relationships with partners for direct services to clients including reporting, and information-sharing.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships within corporate accounts.
- Attend key community events and activities as a way to promote United Way of El Paso County’s mission, vision and core values becoming a defined community ambassador for United Way, in particular as it relates to the Community Resiliency Center and disaster response.
- Cultivate community support for United Way by maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses and individuals.
Associate’s degree in subjects related to office administration, business, health and human services, non-profit or organizational management, or social services, plus two years of work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
Bilingual Spanish, essential.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
- Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams; Intermediate knowledge of case management software and workflow.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.