UWGKC serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability. We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking Daytime Full-time Community Resource Navigators for the 2-1-1 Information and Referral helpline.
The Community Resource Navigators will be responsible for handling local and contract calls, providing caller problem assessment, information and referral, and appropriate follow-up for 2-1-1 line and associated support. The 2-1-1 maintains a comprehensive database of thousands of local and national community resources that include information on services for food, shelter, utilities, health related services and more. 2-1-1 provides free, confidential, non-judgmental 24/7 service to community members in finding help and giving help.
Currently seeking candidates with availability for daytime shifts for:
- Monday - Friday (9:30am - 5:30pm)
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday (9:00am - 5:00pm) + Saturday/Sunday (8:00am - 4:00pm)
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides caller/client problem assessment, information and/or referral(s) and follow-up appropriate to the caller’s/client’s needs.
- Provides advocacy for the caller/client in situations when the caller/client is unable to follow through on the referral(s).
- Provides consistent and excellent customer service.
- Utilizes recognized professional and agency standards in carrying out the goal of resolution of the client’s problems or requests.
- Maintains accurate documentation of each caller/client.
- Required to work holidays as scheduled.
- Required to report to the call center or other designated location during times of emergencies and disaster.
- Applies for Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) certification after one year of employment and experience.
- Must be customer service orientated in all communications and situations.
- Relevant degree in behavioral sciences or related field preferred, or a combination of directly related college courses or employment experience.
- Minimum of one year information and referral or related experience or knowledge of health and human services preferred.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work well within a team setting.
- Must have commitment to excellent customer service.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred but not required.
Remote working environment available after completion of initial training period.
Compensation and Benefits: United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits package including full health and dental coverage; “unlimited flexible” vacation; 403(b) with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.