Community Resource Navigator
Position Title: Community Resource Navigator, 2-1-1
Status: Hourly position, regularly scheduled to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Salary: $19.24/hr ($40,019.20 annualized)
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; paid parental leave; professional and growth and development opportunities; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Minimum 3 days/week in Denver office, 2 days/week remote.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Providing your COVID vaccination card is optional.
This role might be right for you if...
- You are a friendly, people-person who is able to spend the majority of the day on the phone, connecting in-bound callers to community resources.
- You are highly efficient with online software and tools
How You'll Help
The Community Resource Navigator, 211 assists Mile High United Way in providing the most accessible and highest quality comprehensive customer service and screening services to our local community. This position works within an inbound/outbound contact center, accurately collecting client information and demographics, and assisting clients and identifying community resources within health and human services. In doing so, this position ensures timely and quality communication reflecting care and concern for each community member served.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, internal and external customers, and identify and recommend improvements for quicker and more efficient customer service delivery.
- Responsible for providing needed accurate information and resources to clients via phone, text, chat, email and/or face to face conversations.
- Is ready to meet client needs by having all tools and resources needed available and is ready and able to work as designated in the schedule for the day.
- Collect client information and demographics as defined by department standards to accurately assess eligibility of resources.
- Resolve escalated client concerns and crises on an as need basis.
- Identify possible solutions to client's complex case scenarios.
- Follow up with select clients on a weekly basis to capture outcomes and alternative options.
- Engage with agency partners to support the needs of clients and community members.
- Provide accurate information, assessments, referrals and advocacy to all clients.
- Support deadlines to complete assigned projects and new initiatives in a quality and timely manner.
- Required to assist in disaster/crisis response activities within and outside of normal business hours.
- Learn new policies, procedures and contracts on an as need basis.
- Must achieve AIRS Certified Information & Referral Specialist Certification within 6 months of eligibility.
- Must be able to telecommute as assigned.
- Act as an organization liaison at community fairs, meetings, and presentations within and outside of normal business hours if needed.
- Assists Resource team on discrepancies with agency information.
What You'll Need
- Associates degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred working in a Contact Center or Human Services related field providing Customer Service.
- English/Spanish Bilingual highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff and community leaders
- Demonstrated experience working a in a fast-paced environment and shifting gears quickly to accommodate change.
- Ability to deal calmly, patiently and effectively with tense situations.
- Ability to express empathy when working and communicating with diverse client populations
- Demonstrated experience handling client's requests and addressing potential obstacles by being resourceful
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office; Salesforce experience a plus
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- No work experience required
- $31,000 to $40,000 per year