Inland SoCal United Way is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, ISCUW seeks to build brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. ISCUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community and who are looking to be part of a dynamic team working to make changes in the Inland Empire.
Inland SoCal United Way’s ISC 211+ provides timely, effective access to accurate and comprehensive information and referrals for the residents of the Inland Empire, provides public information support in times of disaster and answers several specialized lines for assistance in such areas as Cal Fresh enrollment, Health Insurance, Crisis & Suicide Prevention Helpline, child abuse reporting, reentry and after hours calls for other agencies. ISC 211+ is the trusted source of verified health and social service information, designed to assist people in overcoming barriers.
The Community Resource Advisor will respond to callers, collect information, enter data, perform caller assessment, provide information and referrals and conduct follow-up calls. This position will also answer and assist with direct services such as Cal Fresh enrollment, Health Insurance, Crisis & Suicide Prevention Helpline, housing and employment screening and any other social service needs as needed. This position will also respond to text messages, emails and chat. This full-time, non-exempt, funded position carries with it the possibility that it may not be renewed if further funding is not obtained. The availability of funds does not guarantee continued employment. No contract is implied; this position is “at-will” and employment may be terminated at any time by the employee or the employer. This position reports to the 211 Director.
Essential Functions 80%
- Assist the callers by answering incoming calls, texts, chats, and emails efficiently according to established standards
- Collect caller data and enter data accurately into database
- Provide awareness of transportation options to include needs and eligibility
- Assess needs of callers and refer callers to appropriate resources
- Assist clients with CalFresh, employment, health care, housing and other enrollment services as applicable
- Assist with any social services needs
- Answer Crisis Helpline calls
- Conduct follow-up surveys with callers
- Successfully maintain performance parameters and learn through various means to maintain appropriate knowledge of programs and services
Secondary Functions 20%
- General clerical duties, which may include letter writing, faxing, copying, message handling, reports, office inventory, filing, data input and maintenance of marketing materials
- Maintain records of community interests and requests, aid in research and data input, participate in outreach events or meetings and assist with grant maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Because the 211 Call Center is a 24/7/365 operation, staff must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts may be rotated as needed for business purposes
- Call center/customer service experience or Social Service background preferred
- Ability to inspire excellence and champion change through versatile coaching and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills and competence in Microsoft Office environment
- Must be willing and able to become AIRS/CIRS certified
- In the event of a disaster, may be required to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs.
Salary Range & Benefits
Wage $15.00/hour, $15.50/hour if bi-lingual, payable bi-weekly. Benefits include vision, dental, medical, life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance; paid holidays; accrued vacation and sick-leave.
If interested, submit resume and cover letter to Jeannette Sepulveda, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
“Inland SoCal United Way is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screen and drug test results.”
THIS COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY