United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Resiliency Center Manager supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by leading the programmatic mission and vision of the Community Resiliency Center including management and guidance of staff, operations, partnerships, programming and outreach.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of Center
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight of all program-related activities including advocacy, partnerships, navigation support, and outreach to El Paso residents affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Serve as the main point of contact for United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) administrative office for all activities and communication related to the Community Resiliency Center.
- Represent UWEPC at any state, regional, and national conferences, forums, or meetings, as appropriate.
- Collect, track, and report data related to usage of the Center and services provided. Provide recurring updates and progress reports to UWEPC and partners on the services offered by the Center as well as the use by community members. Utilize program data to evaluate progress towards desired outcomes as well as to make adjustments in service delivery, as necessary.
- Collect, track, and report expenses incurred by the Center in an effort to provide services to the community, to include donations, grants, and in-kind resources.
- In coordination with UWEPC leadership, create and steer operations of the Community Resiliency Center with the use of strategic partnerships and outreach.
- Serve as staff liaison to appropriate advisory and steering committees, scheduling and facilitating meetings with committee members and representatives including correspondence through email, phone, and other means to foster relationships.
Staff Leadership and Management
- Recruit, supervise, and manage qualified and dedicated staff at the Community Resiliency Center, including:
- Resource Navigators
- Community Resource Specialist
- Plan and coordinate ongoing professional development and appropriate skills training for staff on topics pertinent to the needs of the Center.
- Lead and guide the Community Resiliency Center team in strategically developing and building awareness of services related to addressing community needs.
- Supervise and manage staff caseloads and performance plans.
- Provide strategic focus for the employee team, including encouraging collaboration between initiatives and partners.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the status of Center utilization, engagement, and initiatives to fully participate and provide status updates, when necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of all UWEPC programs, engagement and initiatives to serve as a strong representative and advocate for the organization.
- Seek and maintain strong community partnerships with local service providers and potential supporters.
- Cultivate a strong collaborative of response and engagement by convening partners to assess community needs and strategically provide services in collaboration with partners.
- Participate in recurring program and strategic meetings to assist in shaping the vision of UWEPC Community Impact products and partnerships in relation to the Community Resiliency Center.
- Advocate for UWEPC Community Impact products with community partners and stakeholders. Research new programs and services that may be relevant to the mission and values of UWEPC.
- Develop and cultivate successful business/personal relationships with key employees and CEO, including elected officials and key County and City staff.
- Facilitate relationships with partners for direct services and programming to clients including MOUs, reporting, and information-sharing.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships within corporate accounts.
- Attend key community events and activities as a way to promote United Way of El Paso County’s mission, vision and core values becoming a defined community ambassador for United Way, in particular as it relates to the Community Resiliency Center and disaster response.
- Cultivate community support for United Way by maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses and individuals.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
- Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams; Intermediate knowledge of case management software and workflow.
- Equity Mindset
- Network Mindset
- Learning Mindset
- Think Strategically
Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact.
- Promote Collaboration
Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Engage and Inspire
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Inspire Trust
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Focus on Community
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to health and human services, non-profit or organizational management, public relations, communications, marketing, or social services, plus five years of work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit and social services sector is essential. Skills in grant-writing, grant management, personnel management, program development and operation, leadership, strategic planning, management of sub-contractors and partnerships, and volunteer engagement are desired.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.