If working alongside a fantastic team, meeting interesting people and making a difference in your community is high on your list, this position is for you!
United Way Southern Vancouver Island(UWSVI) is a leading non-profit working to transform lives on Southern Vancouver Island. As part of our UWSVI team, you can help to strengthen your community while growing professionally in the process.
What's the job?
The Community Relations Officer supports UWSVI's various community relations, marketing and fundraising efforts. This role is responsible for delivering and supporting a range of engagement opportunities for donors and volunteers and building a greater understanding of local issues in the community and of the work of UWSVI.
The CRO will help create and implement UWSVI volunteer and signature engagement activities such as annual campaigns, product drives, walking tours, Lunch & Learns, and site visits. In addition, this role supports the engagement and stewardship efforts delivered in-person or via digital channels such as email, chat, website and mobile apps, social media, and more.
The CRO works collaboratively across the organization to achieve annual goals and objectives. Additional responsibilities include administrative support and the development, coordination, and implementation of volunteer and donor engagement opportunities to further the mission of UWSVI.
What other things will you get to do every day?
- Develop and deliver customized engagement opportunities for workplaces, individual donors and other stakeholders, virtually and in-person, such as donor tours, site visits, community speakers and volunteer activities
- Liaise with community partners to build strong relationships, identify key community issues and co-develop opportunities for impactful engagement
- Be the primary point of contact and support the needs of Women United giving circle
- Support special projects with marketing, digital support, editing and content creation
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation/development of presentation materials, including but not limited to PowerPoint presentations, copies of organizational videos and hard copy presentation materials, along with organizing virtual meetings (E.g. Teams)
- Support the development and distribution of solicitation, recognition and stewardship letters and packages for all donor audiences as identified by the Directors
- Provide administrative support to committees and volunteer groups
- Organize orientation and training sessions for volunteers and provide support for events, including production, location logistics, food and general program support, invitation and communication tracking
- Work collaboratively with the Donor Relations, Marketing and Communications and Community Impact teams to achieve the annual goals and objectives and assist on other special projects related to donor relations and marketing
Who are we looking for?
You possess energy and enthusiasm, the ability to think broadly and manage details. Strong communications: listening, verbal and writing skills, and a commitment to strengthening our community.
Your education, experience, and skills include:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of experience, in marketing, communications, fundraising, human and social services and/or community development
- Minimum of two years of experience in marketing, communications, fund development, or volunteer management
- Demonstrated experience in event, project and program planning, coordination and evaluation
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills combined with attention to detail and the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a valid BC drivers' license
The above reflects the general details to describe and evaluate the principal functions of the position and shall not be taken as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
For a full job description and requirements, please see the attached Job Profile.
Why join us?
Committed to community. We love our community and want to make it a better place for everyone.
Make your impact known. Helping organizations make a difference because of what you do every day.
Enjoy great benefits. We have very comprehensive benefits – get the best fit for you and your family.
United Way Southern Vancouver Island is a unionized workplace. Salary and benefits for this position are payable in accordance with the CUPE collective agreement.
Please submit a covering letter and resume to https://uwsvi.ca/apply-for-community-relations-officer/ by March 26, 11:59pm.