United Way of Greater Chattanooga is searching for a Community Investments Coordinator. This position is full-time and works with the Community Investments team. This person will report to the Director of Community Investments & Partner Relations.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Community Investments Coordinator will coordinate administrative, hospitality, and operational functions for the Community Investments team at the United Way of Greater Chattanooga (“UWGC”) and its Hub for Social Innovation (“the Hub”). At a high level, this position is dedicated to meeting the initial needs and requests of community partners while also supporting the internal operations and communications of the Community Investment team. UWGC requires a coordinated effort in welcoming the public and community partners to the building, both in person and through phone and electronic communications. Because this person will sit at the front desk and play a key role in greeting guests, it is required to be on-site in the office during normal business hours.
Under the supervision of the Director of Community Impact, the Coordinator will be expected to:
Program & Grant related responsibilities:
- Manage the online grants database and related impact metrics database, including inputting all RFP requirements; building the application; managing users and communications; and the scoring rubric.
- Draft correspondence, letter and email, on behalf of the team.
- Respond to grantees and potential grantees regarding online applications and reports.
- Provide support grant processing, as necessary.
- Assist with streamlining grants operations and reporting, as needed.
- Provide logistical support for scheduling and executing all phases of the grant process
- Help organize and provide support for key events throughout the grant cycle including information sessions, community round tables, site visits, trainings, board and committee meetings, etc.
Administrative & Operational related responsibilities for Community Investment Committee Meetings:
- Support the team in preparing for meetings, duties include:
- Arrange logistics of meetings, including scheduling participation of members.
- Assist with details and coordination of meeting guests.
- Provide support with preparing content.
- Print, compile and distribute materials.
- Prepare the room before and after meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and prepare draft of minutes.
- Coordinate completion of follow-up tasks from the meetings.
Day to Day Administrative & Operational related responsibilities:
- Staff the front desk, greet guests and provide courteous outstanding customer service.
- Assist with projects to support internal staff and external requests, such as room reservations.
- Handle incoming phone calls and inquiries to UWGC and direct the requests to the appropriate party.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including material preparation, conference room booking, greeting guests, logistical support, serving refreshments and arranging catering.
- Support the overall functioning of the team by managing mail, office supplies, IT needs, emails, voicemails, team calendars, expense reports, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of Customer Relations Management (CRM) and Grants Management database.
- Focus on digitizing processes and records keeping
- Liaise with marketing team as needed
- Manage front desk coverage when not able to be there
- Oversee seasonal interns as needed
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Friendly, helpful, and welcoming demeanor
- Excellent project management skills
- Database management
- Understanding and appreciation of nonprofit organizations
- Ability to take initiative and follow-through
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to ask for help where needed and pose thoughtful questions
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
Core Competencies for ALL STAFF:
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission and to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in community-based and equity-based grantmaking;
- Interest in strategic and analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability, with ability to analyze data when making decisions;
- Excellent organizational skills and judgment; ability to prioritize work, manage time and multiple priorities, and meet deadlines; attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to set realistic goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially; politically savvy;
- Strong written communications skills, along with highly effective oral communications
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with technology and database management;
- Interest in philanthropic or social sector and UWGC’s work
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. UWGC office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.