Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Indirectly Supervises: Interns, volunteers
Exempt Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Program Manager will work closely with Director of Community Impact and Berkshire United Way staff in building relationships with funded partners to analyze results of funded program outcomes, monitor overall impact of program investments and determine best practices for achieving highest impact results. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring our community partner investment portfolio for performance, providing technical assistance to partners to ensure ability to meet various benchmarks and monitor overall emerging community needs.
- Monitors community partner investments and promotes excellent program service: Responsible for monitoring investment portfolio for performance, providing technical assistance to funded partners to ensure ability to meet various benchmarks and service delivery targets. Provides guidance and direction on grant applications to partners including outcomes management, continuous quality improvement, data management and reporting.
- Manages reporting system to measure funded partner progress: Responsible for organizing data and information to communicate results of BUW investments to donors and community. Conducts statistical measurement and analyses of community impact programs, interprets information, and makes recommendations to advance initiatives and investments. Prepares various monthly, quarterly and annual evaluation reports. Maintains community partner contracts and procedural policies and standards.
- Maintains relationships with community partners to advance United Way’s mission: Builds and maintains relationships with public and private sector community institutions and nonprofit organizations to identify community needs, develops approaches to meeting needs, and ensures successful implementation of United Way’s mission in the community. Establishes and builds relationships with expert community stakeholders to determine the best practices for achieving highest impact results, identifies effective program investments and analyzes results of programming.
- Serves as subject matter expert in priority health and human services: Develops and maintains current information on needs of community as well as best practices to address needs. Develops in-depth understanding of community resources through research, involvement in community planning and advocacy groups and other activities. Uses knowledge to make recommendations about funding priorities, new activities, and direction. Participates in community collaborations, partnerships, and national and state organizations involved in community impact work, identifying appropriate roles for United Way. Conducts regular surveys of the national best practices and determines likelihood of successful implementation in Berkshire County. Develops expertise of funded partners by planning trainings, sharing information, and other activities.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or better in Public Administration, Social Work or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years’ experience in positions with progressively increasing responsibilities in research and evaluation is preferred. Demonstrated application of program planning, measurement and evaluation strategies and processes for outcomes including identification and implementation of best practices. Experience in working with volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE: Broad knowledge of Human Services systems, including an understanding of social service policies, programs, United Way operations and program planning/measurement/evaluation best practices. Knowledge of office operations, equipment and management, knowledge of community political, social, business, and economic factors.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
- Data Analysis
- Detail Oriented
- Accounts Management
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Critical Thinking