Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Indirectly supervises: Interns, volunteers
Exempt status: Exempt
Summary of Position
This role supports the coordination, administration, and monitoring of research and evaluation to improve community outcomes. Oversees the management of community partner processes such as requests for proposals, monitoring visits, reporting, and outcome analysis and investment recommendations.
This role utilizes BUW database systems to improve data integrity for the organization. Supports the direct strategies, policy, processes, programs and partnerships/collaborations to improve community outcomes in the priority areas of early childhood development, youth development and economic prosperity.
This role collaborates with development and marketing staff to provide background and narrative on the community partners’ outcomes and impact to be shared both internally and externally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Community Partner Management
- Works with and supports the efforts of the community impact and leadership teams to develop and maintain relationships with local agencies that provide community services related to identified focus areas.
- Supports management of community partner relationships and processes including requests for proposals, monitoring visits, monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual reporting, contract compliance processes, outcome analysis and funding recommendations.
- Assist organizations, agencies, and partners with program performance measurement tools and processes, technical assistance, survey design, data analysis, and presentation of results. Provide guidance and direction and administrative support regarding grant application and reporting requirements.
- Develop proficiency in use of online grants management database to create forms for grant applications, reporting, update contact information and outcome measurement.
- Support grantees in their efforts to be informed consumers of research and evaluation including providing trainings and consultations on how evaluation findings can inform decision making and strategy.
- Evaluate, update, coordinate, monitor and document existing community impact procedures and policies. Work with BUW team to create and document new policies.
- Maintain community partner contracts, and procedural policies and standards.
Evaluation and Measurement
- Manage reporting systems to measure progress in meeting community impact measures and outcomes.
- Organize data and information to communicate results of BUW investments to donors and the community.
- Conduct statistical measurements and analyses of community impact programs, interpret that information, and make recommendations to advance community initiatives and investment.
- Manage monitoring of Berkshire United Way community investments; assist Director of Community Impact in analysis of data and development of reports.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual evaluation reports.
- Measure and report on benchmarks.
- Directs the efforts to research local and national information and data to identify/explain major trends, problems, causes affecting the community, as well as evidence-based strategies for changing lives.
- Develop data sharing agreements, Memorandums of Understanding and contracts amongst Berkshire United Way partner agencies, community initiatives, school districts, and other organizations.
- Liaison to community data resource partner for needs assessments, data collection, information tracking, outcomes, and evaluation activities to establish and document program and initiative outcomes.
- Oversee and implement research and evaluation projects including all aspects of project design, data collection, and analyses.
- Coordinate tracking of local community data on strengths and challenges to identify priorities and document community indicators. Work closely with Marketing and Communications Specialist to report this data in various formats using different mediums to donors and other constituents.
- Manage all research and evaluation data requests from internal staff, community, and organizational partners relative to community impact.
- Analyze national evidence-based programs and practices in support of local strategies; create a research and evaluation library, with current and up to date information related to the identified priority community issues.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred.
Experience: Three to five years' experience in positions with progressively increasing responsibilities in research and evaluation is preferred. Demonstrated application of program planning, measurement, and evaluation strategies and processes for outcomes including identification and implementation of best practices. Experience in working with volunteers.
Knowledge: Broad knowledge of Human Services systems, including an understanding of social service policies, programs, United Way operations and program planning/measurement/evaluation best practices. Knowledge of office operations, equipment and management, knowledge of community political, social, business, and economic factors.
- Independent self-starter with excellent project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills including ability to listen, show respect, incorporate new learning in the workplace, and communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, from neighborhood residents to funders and government officials required. Ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic and oral forms to diverse target audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications as well as internet research.
- Proficient in utilization of online data management and other office database software platforms for daily tasks.
- Well-developed technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation.
- Ability to extract intelligence from data and make recommendations.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. EOE