We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As a team, we are also committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For?
Are you a passionate advocate for building equitable economic change in our community? Do you come alive listening and learning from community members, and looking for opportunities to help households thrive? Are you someone who sees the urgency in ensuring access to the most basic needs of food and housing? Are you always looking for ways to improve your work and grow your impact? If you answered yes to the questions above, this position may be an opportunity for you to use your talents as a force for good in our community!
United Way is seeking a Community Impact Manager of Financial Stability who is enthusiastic and organized to coordinate efforts to help households meet their basic needs and move them along a path to financial stability. This person will collaborate with multiple community partner organizations supporting existing initiatives to ensure that progress is made towards meeting regional goals. This role will also have the opportunity to build new community-driven initiatives to improve access to financial stability resources.
What You Will Do
● Design and help implement equitable solutions to increase the financial stability of households in greater New Haven. United Way is committed to driving equitable solutions that improve the lives of every person in the region. You will work closely with community partners and community members to map the landscape of existing programs and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers and improve access to resources across the region.
● Provide support to reduce the number of households that are food insecure. This position will work with existing food collaboratives, cities, and towns to identify and serve households that are food insecure. The right candidate will be comfortable with viewing and analyzing data to provide suggestions for systems improvement.
● Identify opportunities and partnerships for innovation and continuous improvement. Are you always thinking about how a process could be improved? The work to meet basic needs and help households thrive is complex and you will be asked to apply critical thinking and creativity to explore opportunities for growth.
● You will work as part of a team. You will report to the Senior Director of Financial Stability. You will collaborate with our Marketing team to tell the story of United Way to ensure that our community understands the work and impact in our community. You will also maintain good working relationships with community, nonprofit and business leaders in the community. And of course, there will be other duties as assigned.
What You Need
• Education: Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of relevant experience in a nonprofit OR the equivalent of lived experience in related fields.
• Knowledge: experience and a working knowledge of the landscape on the issues of financial stability and food insecurity in Greater New Haven.
• Management Experience: Demonstrated success in project management and relationship management.
• Communication Skills: Strong communication skills; able to interface with all departments internally and ability to represent UW in a variety of settings. Demonstrated ability to synthesize material, both verbally and in written form for a broad audience. Able to present information at meetings.
• Facilitation Skills: Experience with group facilitation, training, and working in a collaborative environment. Ability to facilitate meetings effectively while balancing multiple points of view.
• Partnership Skills: Positive customer-service orientation to both external partners as well as our internal United Way team. Skills to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• Planning Skills: Excellent organization skills and a sharp attention to detail. Flexible thinker who can balance systems thinking and on-the-ground implementation. Ability to proactively see what actions are needed, take initiative, and implement projects.
• Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Project Management Skills: Must be able to take initiative, demonstrate leadership, work inter-dependently and produce consistently high-quality work. Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment. Highly motivated and creative out-of-the-box problem solver.
• Relationship skills: Community minded with high-level active listening skills and the ability to connect with people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds. Ability to balance a variety of perspectives representing all areas of diversity including race, ethnicity, gender, ability, age, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs/faith practices.
• Knowledge Management Skills: Experience working with various types of databases and content management systems is preferred. Skills to develop summaries and visual presentations of qualitative and quantitative data.
• Local and statewide travel is required; Out of state travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes generous paid time-off, health and dental insurance, and a 403(b)- retirement plan with employer matched contributions. Starting salary will be between $45,000 - $55,000 commensurate with demonstrated skills, experience, and background.
During COVID-19 this position would primarily be working from home, with access to the office as needed.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability, grounded in racial and social justice. United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, telling us about why we should bring you in for an interview to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, but we encourage you to explore uwgnh.org to learn more about what we do. The position will remain open until filled.