United Way envisions a community where every individual has an opportunity to succeed, and our community thrive as a result. We're getting a little closer every day, with help from thousands of people around the community. We focus on education, financial stability and health, the building blocks for a good life and a strong community.
Job Description: The Community Impact Manager develops, implements, manages and evaluates programs meeting United Way of Central Arkansas community impact goals in the areas of education, financial stability and Health. This work is accomplished through United Way-managed programs provided in partnership with local companies, schools, community organizations and volunteers.
Position Overview: The Manager of Community Impact is accountable for all aspects of UWCA’s community impact agenda, as well as collaborative events and projects in the community. Accountabilities include program management/development, coordination of interns, social media, volunteers, and aid the ED with the UWCA Community Impact Grants process. Full-time with flexible work schedule.
- Manage the development, implementation, and operations of the Community Programs, including expansion and collaborative partnerships.
- Works closely with community partnerships to design objectives and strategies that accomplish the community impact goals of the organization.
- Initiates and fosters partnerships with school district, community volunteers, and others to ensure the growth and sustainability of the organization’s programs; acts as liaison to local networks or organizations affiliated with UWCA’s programs.
- Provides technical assistance and training to non-profit organizations, particularly in the area of program evaluation and outcomes measurements.
- Assist the United Way of Central Arkansas Community Impact Grants process and execution.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates evaluation of UWCA-managed programs and reports results to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Researches and provides data supporting the need for UWCA’s programs.
- Supervises and evaluates community programs volunteers.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities and problem-solve issues as they arise.
- Must be an effective communicator – both oral and in writing – with strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to establish a rapport and successfully cultivate relationships with members of diverse groups.
- Possess strong computer skills with expertise in Windows and Microsoft Office and Google .
College graduate, (bachelors or associates, but not mandatory)
Bilingual Desired but not required
OTHER DUTIES: As assigned
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.