Deadline to Submit: March 26th 2018
UNITED WAY HUNGARY JOB POSTING
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children and youth in Hungary? Do you care about their education, financial stability and health? United Way Hungary is a member of the international network of United Way Worldwide, the world’s largest privately supported not-for-profit organization, established more than 125 years ago. Since its inception, 27 years ago, United Way Hungary has supported hundreds of civic organizations and mobilized thousands of volunteers and has helped a major role in the development of civil society. United Way Hungary’s mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good.
Job Title Community Impact Coordinator
Report To Community Impact Manager
Work Schedule Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday, 9:00 to 5:30 p.m. Must be able to work flexible schedule, when needed.
of this Role The Community Impact Coordinator is responsible for managing United Way Hungary’s impact programs aimed at helping children and youth succeed. This position will implement education, health and income related programs including various volunteer engagement activities, supervise and monitor projects implemented by community based partner organizations and assist the Community Impact Manager in ensuring that deliverables and fiscal compliance are met. The Community Impact Coordinator will work in collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders, including school headmasters, teachers, corporate partners, NGO partners and government organizations. Planning, project and event management are part of the job as well as mobilizing volunteer resources to ensure programs’ objectives are met.
- Under the supervision of Community Impact Manager manage United Way Hungary’s impact initiatives with a special focus on BiztiBusz and KönyvForgató programs
- Developing and managing volunteer days and other volunteer engagement activities.
- Supporting the development and production of educational and communications materials related to the programs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Provide a variety of reports, graphs and visuals
- Provide administrative, computer, data base, and project management support to the Community Impact Manager
- Schedule and organize events and maintain agenda
- Manage financial documents to ensure transparency and accountability
- Prepare legal documents with the support of our law office
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum BA/BSc in a business related field/or pedagogy/or social worker/or civil studies with at least one year of project management experience.
- Knowledge of and experience within the non-profit sector in Hungary is a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of community issues related to education in Hungary is considered as an advantage.
- Relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Clear and strong written and oral communication skills in Hungarian and English.
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask and quickly “change gears” as needed.
- Self-motivated, driven, proactive, collaborative, flexible, and good-natured.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Proficient in MS office computer software applications, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet.
Supervision The job holder will work in the Community Impact Team, report to the Community Impact Manager.
The job holder will be based in the United Way Hungary’s office, located in Budapest, 1134 Váci út 80-84.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Please list 2 references with contact details. The motivation letter (max 2000 characters) should include why you would like to work for United Way Hungary and what makes you the perfect candidate for this job. If you wish you can send your motivation in a short video (max 2 minutes).
Expected start of the job May 1st, 2018
Long-listed candidates will be interviewed. Short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment (half to full day).
More information about United Way Hungary: www.unitedway.hu
More information about United Way Worldwide: www.unitedway.org