To provide administrative and project management duties in support of and to advance United Way of Dane County’s Agenda for Change by facilitating communication and relationship-building with community partners and key stakeholders (local organizations, businesses and individuals)
- Primary support for the Executive Vice President Community Impact
- Support and backup assistance for CI Directors/Senior Directors in their work with Community Solutions Teams, the Vision Council, the Strategic Collaborations Capacity Building Team, the Public Policy Committee and other committees/groups convened.
- Improving and maintaining the integrity of department and organizational data and processes.
- Carrying out special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities of this position are critically important to maintaining the efficiency and quality of the day-to-day work that underlies United Way’s work in the community.
Key Responsibility Area: Community Impact Department Administrative Support
- Support the Executive Vice President Community Impact through assisting with managing e-mails, scheduling, and calendar maintenance. Serve as liaison with the Executive Office and assist with scheduling and preparation of special meetings as requested. (EVP regularly attends and provides strategic guidance to Vision Council, Public Policy Committee and Board meetings. The EVP may take on special assignments at the CEOs request)
- Provide administrative support as requested for the Cross-System and Income Community Solutions Team, Public Policy Committee and Vision Council Ad Hoc Committees, including meeting coordination, assistance with preparation of materials, volunteer management and communications, and administrative support of related partnership initiatives.
- Collaborate with operations team members to achieve the following:
- Assist the CI Directors in the bi-annual investment process including data entry, coordination of agency proposal related questions and trainings related to proposals and annual reports.
- Contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the CI Department by:
- Sending group e-mails to agencies (Agency Executive Newsletters; Agency Agreements, etc.)
- Maintaining recurring-meeting information (including monthly CST meetings) on United Way’s organizational calendar
- Prepare and circulating CI Department’s vacation and holiday scheduling calendars
- Participate in scheduled early am or occasional evening meetings.
Key Responsibility Area: Data/Information Integrity and Management
- Develop proficiency with the organizational database and customer relationship management platform (Andar/Community Connect) and other software/technology (BoardEffect) routinely used at United Way of Dane County.
- Enter and maintain accurate, current information on agency, volunteer, and community partner contacts in Andar.
- Respond to organizational requests for updates to mailing lists, non-campaign contribution lists, etc. with help from CI Staff.
- Work with the Director of Community Impact Operations to identify and develop tools and processes that improve the integrity and use of shared CI-generated data and information across the organization.
Key Responsibility Area: 2-1-1 (5 hours per week)
- Provide accurate information and referral services via phone coverage for the 2-1-1 call center
- Support call center volunteers
- Assist with management of agency information in 2-1-1 database through formal/informal updates, research of resources and data classification
Key Responsibility Area: Special Projects
- Lead responsibility for Public Sector Campaign Eligibility Process,
- Assist in the research of issues related to cross-system and Income 2 gen and other best practices in support of the CSTs
Key Responsibility Area: Other duties as assigned
- Participate in and attend United Way and Community Impact Department special activities and events.
- Work on cross-departmental teams/projects as appropriate.
External: Works with non-profit agencies, volunteers, community partners and the general public.
Internal: Serve on staff teams within and across departments. Work with Information Systems/Finance Department on organizational database issues.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, plus additional training or experience in clerical/administrative skills. Preferred: Some post-secondary education
Experience: Experience with computers, databases and MS Office. Experience with non-profit organizations desirable. Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse individuals and cultures in a professional manner with customer-service orientation.
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Deadline to apply is March 20, 2019.
Please apply online at www.unitedwaydanecounty.org/careers.
United Way of Dane County
2059 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
Equal Opportunity Employer