11/08/2021 - 11/07/2022
Help northern Nevada's children read! The Community Impact Coordinator VISTA will focus on building and gathering knowledge, materials, and research for United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra's (UWNNS) Community Impact efforts. This includes both research and active contribution to UWNNS literacy resources.
- Understand and build upon existing UWNNS Community Impact programming.
- Expand UWNNS literacy resources reach.
- Expand compiled content for UWNNS online learning hub.
- Expand UWNNS research and refine accumulated knowledge.
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program through the Corporation for National and Community Service, which more information can be found here. VISTA members serve full time for a one-year service term and receive:
- Upon successful completion of service, choice of a Segal Education Award ($6,345.00 for education expenses) or an end of service cash stipend ($1,800.00).
- Modest living allowance of approximately $15,001.00
- If you are moving beyond 50 miles from your home of residence to the service location, a settling-in allowance of approximately $750 and a mileage-based relocation allowance.
- Upon successful completion of service, one year of Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal jobs.
- Health benefits during service.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Organized and adaptable.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and willing to undergo a background check.
- Vehicle recommended.