PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide administrative support and coordination to the Community Impact team
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communicating and Influencing
- Business Knowledge/Savvy
- Partnering and Teamwork
- Personal Excellence
- Type correspondence; update databases and create reports.
- Distribute department mail and coordinate preparation of department mailings.
- Maintain department files; maintain and order department supplies.
- Assist with the coordination of facilities/catering for special functions.
- Prepare agendas, confirm and record attendance and take minutes at meetings of the Community Impact Cabinet.
- Prepare agenda and take minutes at monthly Community Impact team meetings
- Provide administrative support to OCUW granting process.
- Prepare check requests and maintain department budget in partnership Community Impact team.
- Provide support to OCUW meetings, event and special project as required.
- Work with Associate Director, Grants & Evaluation, assist in the docket preparation and editing process for board and committee meetings,
- Provide administrative support for the Financial Review Committee including organization of the audit process and tracking of financial review statements in coordination with the Associate Director, Grants & Evaluation
- Coordinate routine correspondence with grantees, applicants and others
- Assist with preparation and disbursement of declination letters, grant agreements and award letters
- Assist with data entry and program reporting in grant evaluation software, e-cImpact.
- Support the Community Impact Senior Directors/Managers with administrative duties as needed.
- Provide back-up front desk coverage as needed
- Participate in monthly administrative staff meetings and report updates to Community Impact team
- Participate as a team member in assigned project activities, and perform other tasks as assigned related to the Community Impact Division or the organization as a whole.
Education and Training Required for this Position
- Three years of experience in a secretarial or assistant position and/or other relevant work experience
- Experience in a sales environment desirable, non-profit service experience also a plus
- Computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience in a business office, knowledge of business procedures and practices
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Set-up and take down for events. Ability to operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer. Participation in early morning and evening meetings and events will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send resumes to:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South
Irvine, CA 9614