To provide administrative and project management duties in support of and to advance- United Way of Dane County’s Agenda for Change by facilitating communication and relationship-building with community partners and key stakeholders (local organizations, businesses and individuals)
- Primary support for CI Directors/Senior Directors in their work with Community Solutions Teams, and other committees/groups convened.
- Provide support for the United Way Investment Process as well as all partner agency reporting processes.
- Improving and maintaining the integrity of department and organizational data and processes.
- Provide specific assistance through research projects and administration on SECC process.
Responsibilities of this position are critically important to maintaining the efficiency and quality of the day-to-day work that underlies United Way’s work in the community.
Key Responsibility Area: Community Impact Department Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support as requested for the Health and Education CSTs and other Ad Hoc Committees as needed, including meeting coordination, assistance with preparation of materials, volunteer management and communications, and administrative support of related partnership initiatives.
- Collaborate with operations team members to achieve the following:
- Assist the CI Directors in the bi-annual investment process including data entry, coordination of agency proposal related questions and trainings related to proposals and annual reports.
- Contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the CI Department by:
- Sending group e-mails to agencies (Agency Executive Newsletters; Agency Agreements, etc.)Maintaining recurring-meeting information (including monthly CST meetings) on United Way’s organizational calendar.
- Prepare and circulating CI Department’s vacation and holiday scheduling calendars.
- Participate in scheduled early am or occasional evening meetings.
Key Responsibility Area: Data/Information Integrity and Management
- Develop proficiency with the organizational database and customer relationship management platform (Andar/Community Connect) and other software/technology (BoardEffect) routinely used at United Way of Dane County.
- Enter and maintain accurate, current information on agency, volunteer, and community partner contacts in Andar.
- Respond to internal requests for updates to mailing lists, non-campaign contribution lists, etc. with help from CI Staff.
- Work with the Director of Community Impact Operations to identify and develop processes that improve the reliability and use of interdepartmental generated data and information across the organization.
Key Responsibility Area: 2-1-1 (5 hours per week)
- Provide accurate information and referral services via phone coverage for the 2-1-1 call center
- Support call center volunteers
- Assist with management of agency information in 2-1-1 database through formal/informal updates, research of resources and data classification
Key Responsibility Area: Special Projects
- By Youth For Youth Director
- CI Liaison with Marketing – attend the marketing traffic meetings, assist the Director of Operations in the timely response to requests from other departments.
- Assist in the research of issues related to Health and Education best practices in support of the CSTs
Key Responsibility Area: Other duties as assigned
- Provide backup support for front-desk coverage and assist with work from other areas as assigned.
- Participate in and attend United Way and Community Impact Department special activities and events.
- Work on cross-departmental teams/projects as appropriate.
External: Works with non-profit agencies, volunteers, community partners and the general public.
Internal: Provide staff support to Community Solution Teams and appropriate coordinating committees. Serve on internal committees and teams within and across the organization. Work with Information Systems/Finance Department on organizational database issues.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, plus additional training or experience in clerical/administrative skills.
Experience: Previous administrative experience in an office environment is a plus. Experience with computers, databases and MS Office. Experience with non-profit organizations desirable. Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse individuals and cultures in a professional manner with customer-service orientation.
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Deadline to apply is March 25, 2019
Please apply online at www.unitedwaydanecounty.org/careers.
United Way of Dane County
2059 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
Equal Opportunity Employer