Position Title: Community Impact Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Category: Community Impact
Status: Part-time (24 hours/week)
Location: The position is based out of United Way’s offices at 350 NW 1st Avenue, Grand Rapids. This position requires flexibility to work primarily between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM with some non-traditional hours and some travel throughout Itasca County
Salary: $18-$23/hour starting salary range depending on qualifications, with paid holidays and anticipated annual performance-based increases.
United Way of 1000 Lakes fights for the education, health, and financial stability of everyone in the Itasca area.
Through strategic partnerships and collaborative work, we bring the many voices of our community together to find common ground, develop a strategic vision for change and make meaningful progress, while activating individuals and organizations with the opportunity to give, advocate and volunteer to resource this work and change lives across our region.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Impact Coordinator assists the Executive Director and Community Impact (CI) team, comprised of staff and volunteers, responsible for driving United Way of 1000 Lakes’ impact strategy, which guides program and initiative investments of financial and non-financial resources.
- Coordinating and helping United Way directed programs and initiatives.
- Promoting advocacy and volunteerism.
- Convening community partners.
- Fostering partnerships.
In addition, the position will help analyze and monitor performance measures and provide technical assistance to funded programs that advance the work toward organizational goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage programs and initiatives, including but not limited to Bonfire, the region’s online volunteer portal, Stuff the Bus School Supplies Drive, and Day of Action.
- Track and analyze progress toward work plan goals and outcomes, develop periodic progress reports, handle information requests and other tasks as assigned.
- Monitor program and initiative revenue and expenses and assist with fundraising and grant writing efforts.
- Provide support for United Way’s grants process, including recruitment and training of grant review volunteers, meeting and site visit coordination, and guide staff and partners on reporting achievements and outcomes.
- Support cross-departmental activities, including communications, social media, special events, fundraising, and outreach opportunities.
- Establish and maintain year-round relationships with key community members, ensuring their knowledge of United Way’s impact goals, developments, and achievements.
- Engage and seek out opportunities to participate and represent United Way in community initiatives and organizations that align with United Way’s impact goals, such as issue advisory boards, networks, and coalitions.
- Bachelor’s degree or a comparable combination of education and work experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in program development and/or management, event coordination, public speaking, and community collaboration efforts.
- Ability to communicate (or working) sensitively and effectively across cultures, including historically marginalized / underrepresented communities
- Proficiency and comfort working with data.
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn new platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Google Suite.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Embraces United Way’s core values of integrity, commitment, collaboration, and accountability and models diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in all operations
- Collaborator with a positive attitude; enthusiastic and creative
- Experience grant writing and grant management
- Experience managing and supporting volunteers
- Knowledgeable about community needs and resources
- Experience facilitating conversations with groups small and large
- Familiar with these apps: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere); WordPress; and Constant Contact
- Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org