Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of those who reside in our communities? This position makes that happen by driving United Way’s community impact efforts in the areas of health, education, income, and basic needs.
The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR) partners across all sectors year-round to achieve measurable progress towards specific community level goals in Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs. Our organization stands in the top five percent of United Way organizations nation-wide in overall resource development results. This past year over $10M was raised locally and our goal to engage more than 4,000 volunteers will help fuel the ongoing movement to change the story in communities throughout our region…one life at a time.
UWBCKR is looking for an impassioned, motivated team player to help carry out UWBCKR’s mission, community impact activities, change lives, and achieve community goals in education, income, health and basic needs. This professional-level position will support United Way’s work for delivery on strategies for real, meaningful change, working hand-in-glove with Community Impact team members and funded partners and community partners to make it happen. The successful Community Impact Associate with following competencies will help transform our community by consistently delivering the following:
- Energetic engagement with CI goals, strategies, activities and initiatives
- Technical assistance and monitoring of grants and program compliance
- Support processes for grant proposals and program reports on performance, outcomes and financials
- Assist in the evaluation and measurement of achievement in community impact goals and strategies
- Assistance with writing and editing grant requests and proposals
- Support the coordination and facilitation of research related to community Impact goals and strategies, including developing methodology, statistical analysis and report writing
- Completing and presenting analysis and/or recommendations for internal volunteer leadership teams and committees.
Facilitation of meetings with internal volunteers, grantees, and community stakeholders
- Production and preparation of materials for Community Impact Team and UWBCKR staff meetingsRepresentation of UWBCKR at community meetings and functionsResearch on community issues and data trendsDynamic collaboration with internal United Way teams (resource development, marketing & communications, engagement, and finance teams) towards organization wide strategic goalsAdditional support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with some nonprofit experience desired.
- Professional, collaborative and knowledgeable personality that appropriately represents the United Way.
- Prior experience in development and presentation of reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows products including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Demonstrated superior project planning and project management skills. Demonstrated skills in designing work plans, timelines, and managing for results.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to and skills in working with a diverse range of community organizations and populations is also required.
- A continual, passionate commitment to the work of United Way and the community we serve.
This full-time exempt position reports to the Vice President, Impact & Engagement
Candidates should apply with cover letter and resume to Rhonda Stull by March 28, 2019, to:firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.