For over 75 years, United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has served the community, which covers Baytown, Highlands, and Chambers County. With a focus on education, health, financial stability, and basic needs, United Way collaborates and partners with local human service organizations that provide programs tackling community-wide issues. For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaygbacc.org/
The Community Impact and Investments Coordinator is results-oriented and detail focused. The coordinator will support the Director of Community Engagement to coordinate the community impact grant process; oversee the work to promote and support A.L.I.C.E through research, data management and the Poverty Simulation. The coordinator is an engaged team member who actively pursues individual and shared fundraising goals. Key performance indicators and goals will be set each year in partnership with the Director. The coordinator has a wide range of responsibilities that support United Way's commitment to develop, promote and support solutions designed to meet targeted community needs through activities and efforts related to fundraising and community impact and engagement.
COMMUNITY IMPACT (~50%)
Agency and Grant Management
- Manage the grant management software and provide eligible agencies support through the various grant applications and funding cycles.
- Manage all steps and documentation related to the grant application cycle, including but not limited to, required financial documents, supplementary documentation, and all application submissions.
- Actively assist with agency capacity training, including grant reporting software and best practices, professional development, and other needs as identified by the Director.
- Actively assist with the development, implementation and reporting on a variety community surveys and community conversations.
- Serve as the 2-1-1 and SingleCare expert.
Data / Administrative
- Provide relevant reporting and analysis as directed pertaining to currently funded programs and grant cycle.
- Manage the community impact inventory and calendar to include events, meetings, trainings and reporting dates.
- Collect and report on relevant data to include resource availability and gap analysis through the United Way service area using 211 and other sources.
- Manage centralized repository of CI project reports and outcomes.
- Assist with the development of community impact marketing materials and communications.
- Research and recommend grant funding to support UWGBACC’s current work and further its mission.
- Identify and build partnerships and collaborations that increase program availability.
COMMUNITY AND VOLUNTEER INITIATIVES (~25%)
Community Initiatives and Volunteer Opportunities
- Support community initiatives including, but not limited to the annual Days of Caring, Days of Action, and Stamp Out Hunger.
- Participate in Steering Committee meetings and support volunteers through planning, data, and document management.
- Manage and fulfill other duties related to programs, initiatives and volunteers as assigned.
Advocacy and A.L.I.C.E
- Review and report on relevant A.L.I.C.E data; provide training opportunities to increase understanding and usage of ALICE data to request and receive funding, and to promote the work of UWGBACC.
- Provide ongoing review of and make recommendations for changes to funding goals, programs, and outreach to better support A.L.I.C.E in the community.
- Attend advocacy meetings, hearings, and programs related to community initiatives aligned with United Way’s mission to promote a non-partisan review of legislative efforts across the state and country
- Manage the Poverty Simulation, planned and on-demand simulations, inventory and upkeep.
- Provide administrative support for Community Impact volunteers including trainings, meeting coordination, assistance with preparation of materials, volunteer management and communications and administrative support of related partnership initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers and their training for the Poverty Simulation and other A.L.I.C.E initiatives.
COMMUNITY ACTION AND PUBLIC AWARENESS (~15%)
- In support of community engagement efforts, all UWGBACC employees will:
- Utilize storytelling to outline the positive impact United Way has on the community, and make compelling presentations to support the UWGBACC mission.
- Represent UWGBACC, as needed, at community events and meetings, workplace campaign events and meetings, special events, and to individuals and other opportunities with the intent of asking for contributions - always presenting a professional image.
- Provide communication training to agencies to better represent UWGBACC during collaborative events and in the community.
- Arrange agency speakers and materials to support UWGBACC’s messaging during campaign presentations.
- Support the organization’s efforts to provide up-to-date and engaging social media posts and website pages and to create inspiring marketing materials.
- Other duties as needed to ensure communication tools are consistent and successfully enhance the organization’s reputation.
- o Identify opportunities to publicize CI initiatives and milestones both internally and externally through social media, newsletters and other channels in collaboration with the United Way team.
- Support cross-departmental communication efforts.
CAMPAIGN & RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (~5%)
- Assist CEO and Campaign Manager with annual campaign activities and efforts as assigned.
- The coordinator will support efforts related to planning, coordination, and implementation of workplace campaigns. This may include employee campaign coordinator support, volunteer education and management, participating in campaign planning meetings as well as supporting the campaign cabinet.
- Assist with all key campaign elements to ensure successful workforce campaigns, including volunteer recruitment and training, individual meetings with workplace campaign accounts, making campaign presentations and supporting special events, and donor stewardship.
- All UWGBACC employees will serve as United Way representatives and ambassadors, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement, and will support campaign efforts to successful meet the annual fundraising goal.
- Team member will actively assist with the securing of sponsors to support programs, initiatives, general operations and events.
- Other duties as needed to support a successful fundraising effort.
GENERAL AND OFFICE DUTIES (~5%)
- Support general office duties: answering the main office phone line and greeting and helping individuals that enter the office.
- Ensure phone calls and emails are managed in a timely manner and that all safety protocols are in place.
- Individual will:
- demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity;
- be an engaged member of the team and support the team’s overall success;
- handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion;
- assess and take responsibility for own performance, seeking and responding to feedback;
- maintain loyalty to UWGBACC organizational policies and procedures;
- present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers; and
- perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and one-year minimum experience working in nonprofit preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to do research and provide analysis.
- United Way or other nonprofit experience (Desired). Knowledge of the community and bilingual is a plus.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills. (Preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. (Preferred)
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects and programs and able to analyze, interpret and prepare data for internal and external use. (Preferred)
- Must be able to effectively organize and present information in group settings to instill confidence and increase overall engagement. (Preferred)
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively. (Preferred)
- Must be a high-energy individual with a positive outlook. (Preferred)