Position Title: Community Impact Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position supports the implementation of United Way programs related to education, income, health and
community support‐Community Impact Agenda. The position provides grant writing, leadership and oversight for all
organizational communications and the tracking and reporting of program activities. This position will provide
leadership and support when convening groups around immediate and long‐term initiatives. The position will also
require an individual to participate in outreach opportunities throughout Marshall County to promote United Way
and strengthen its impact in the community. Will be responsible for marketing and communications
including managing a marketing contractor who will be developing and distributing content that
promotes both organization's brands and activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience in technology related field.
• Strong organizational and written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
• Passionate about UWMC’s mission as well as strength in collaboration, team building, and public speaking.
• Valid Drivers License.
• Excellent problem‐solving skills, research skills, and ability to follow through.
• Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
• High level of integrity, sound judgement, and decision‐making ability.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in
a positive manner at all times.
• Efficient and friendly when working with both customers and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Manage the continuous planning and implementation of all community impact initiatives as developed by the
Board of Directors and senior leadership of United Way of Marshall County.
2. Work with Executive Director to develop tactical plans, and measurable goals for UW of Marshall County Community
3. Research and collect community‐level indicator data from a variety of sources to assist with Community
Impact performance measurements to track baseline trends related to community indicators and organizational
4. Assess priorities, create, and execute timelines, continuously monitor and evaluate goals. Works with internal and
external teams to successfully execute strategies and develop related tasks.
5. Create social change that leads to measurably improved lives and stronger communities in Marshall County by linking
donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspiration to need and by catalyzing their commitment to the mission.
6. Provide progress reports to the UW Board of Directors on a monthly basis on community impact programs and
7. Develop successful proposals to attract funds. Gather support, including people and funding, to promote programs
and projects that advance impact priorities.
8. Lead grant writing initiatives attracting funds that support the mission and community impact agenda.
9. Identifies cause‐based fund‐raising opportunities and works with Resource Development Specialist to generate
10. Identify and engage businesses, volunteers, and community resources.
11. Provide leadership and management of the organizations core UW of Marshall County programs related to
education, income, health and community support‐Community Impact Agenda.
12. Work with Executive Director on all outside grant contract reporting obligations to ensure timely and accurate
submission of required reports.
13. Manage staff within department including grant funded positions.
14. Responsible for working with the Executive Director to develop and monitor program budgets. Works with Finance
area to insure appropriate accounting of expenditures.
15. Assures community partner grant compliance as directed by grant guidelines (Quality Assurance)
16. Responsible for United Way representation in networks supporting Community Impact goals
17. Manage the marketing contractor to accomplish these goals:
a. Oversees development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communication plan with
key messaging that strengthens prospective and current donors’ knowledge of and connection with MCCF
b. Integrate brand management strategies that create a consistent, positive experience for donors and
community members at every touch point.
c. Oversee development and execution for all materials promoting the mission of UWMC and MCCF,
including branding, image, digital and printed matter (brochures, newsletters, pledge cards,
annual report, campaign materials, ads), website, etc.
d. Oversee development and implementation of direct mail, email, and social networking programs to raise
awareness and funds for MCCF and UWMC.
e. Oversee writing appeals, acknowledgement letters and other fund development communications to
donors, funders and prospects.
f. Prepare press releases as directed.
g. Provide support for all events in the managing and execution as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS (KSAP’s)
1. Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to deal tactfully and effectively with persons at all levels developing
and maintaining productive relationships both inside and outside the organization.
2. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
3. Ability to multi‐task with attention to detail.
4. Proficiency in general office and administrative support and in operation of equipment and machines.
5. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (includes equipment, hours, physical demands)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: This position typically works in an office setting with a controlled temperature environment.
Equipment: This position is required to maintain a working knowledge of all office equipment including personal
computers and printers, telephone systems, copiers, etc.
Hours: This position typically works a full‐time schedule Monday‐Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm but
will require extended hours into weekends and evenings based on the schedule of activities. Hours may be adjusted as
per the Executive Director during high production times or tight project deadlines.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand, climb stairs, walk, lift, carry, bend,
and stoop. Must be able to perform fine motor skills. Hearing and visual ability required to read handwritten and/or
typed documents, computer screens, etc. and answer telephone calls. Ability to drive from place to place. Must be able
to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
By signing below, I signify that I have read and reviewed this job description. I understand the content and have had the
opportunity to comment. I understand that I am responsible to abide by this job description and related expectations
communicated to me by my supervisor.
Employee Signature: Date:
Document Information: Job Description‐Community Impact Manager.
Dates of Revisions: 12/06/2022
Executive Director Signature: Date: