UNITED WAY OF GREATER TOLEDO
Position Title: COMMUNITY IMPACT ADMINISTRATOR
Department: IMPACT & OUTREACH
Location: TOLEDO OFFICE – HYBRID (In Person/Remote)
FLSA Job Status: FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT
Salary Range: $18 / hour
Reports to: VP COMMUNITY IMPACT
Coordinates with: ALL UNITED WAY DEPARTMENTS AS NECESSARY
Date Created: August 15, 2022
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Vice President of Impact & Outreach, the Community Impact Administrator is responsible for managing the flow of work within the Community Impact Department. This individual will help support internal staff with necessary administrative tasks to ensure timely completion of projects, appropriate documentation, and other supportive functions. The Administrator will also support external partners through scheduling, preparation of agenda and other meeting materials, and sharing community opportunities through regular and clear communication.
The Administrator will work in collaboration with different departments and staff to support United Way’s various impact goals in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, Health and Housing. The Impact & Outreach Department oversees United Way’s community programming, engagement with funded partners and other community groups, public relations, communications, and advocacy.
- Works closely with the Community Impact Department staff to manage the flow of work
- Provide full administrative support for the Community Impact Department. This includes scheduling, attending, and hosting meetings, preparing meeting agenda and materials, reserving and preparing meeting rooms, issuing meeting notices and follow ups, taking meeting attendance and notes, and preparation of minutes.
- Generates communication updates to partners funded by United Way and other community groups
- Processing of invoices and check requests
- Management of grant contracts, oversight of United Way grant process, scheduling, documentation, and assistance with volunteer management
- Assistance with compiling information / data about funded partners for the United Way fundraising team
- Coordination of community partner requests and special projects
- Independently assumes responsibility for special projects and assignments
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years’ experience in office and administrative procedures is required; Non-Profit/Human Services experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate independently, prioritize workload, and manage projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while staying organized and dedicated to good recordkeeping and documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook scheduling. Proficient in Google Drive.
- Comfortable navigating tech systems and learning new softwares as needed by the department (e.g. grant management software, remote office phone system, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including composition, grammar and proofreading.
- Work appropriately and enthusiastically with others and respond appropriately and professionally.
- Ability to manage up and hold department members accountable to deadlines.
As a representative within the Department of Community Impact, you are expected to uphold our organizational values on diversity, equity and inclusion. To increase access to education, health and financial stability services, we must accurately understand the role in which racism, homophobia, xenophobia, ageism, ableism, classism, etc. has limited a person’s ability to receive the health and human services they deserve. This knowledge allows the department to better advocate for those in our community, as well as appropriately tell their stories.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
United Way of Greater Toledo is an Equal Opportunity Employer