Community Health Intern
Title: Community Health Intern
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Community Health
Staff Supervised: None
Job Classification: Part-time/Seasonal/Temporary
Desired Start Date: January 15, 2023
Duration: Approx. 4 months
Approximate Hours per Week: up to 20 hours/week
Stipend Available- $15/hr.
United Way of Acadiana is committed to serving Acadia, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Martin, Iberia, and Vermilion parishes. United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential. Our vision is to have an educated, prosperous, and safe Acadiana where all individuals and families achieve their potential.
Basic Job Summary:
Under the guidance of the Director of Community Health collaborate with United Way of Acadiana, Ochsner and Lourdes Hospital professionals to help shape the health landscape of our community! The Community Health Intern will play a pivotal role in supporting the Joint Community Health Needs Assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to qualitative data collection through engagement in community events, focus groups, or town hall meetings.
- Assist in curating content for our websites and dashboard.
- Collaborate with the community and play a pivotal role in community engagement efforts.
- Data Entry
Requirements before Hire:
Proof and maintenance of a valid driver’s license
Proof and maintenance of Vehicle Insurance and reliable transportation
Must pass a Louisiana State Police Criminal Background Check
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically filled by a graduate student with one year of study completed. Graduate students from various departments, including but not limited to public health, public policy, public administration, health sciences, etc., are encouraged to apply.
- Alternatively, applicants with a bachelor’s degree in public health or related fields and a minimum of 1 year of experience in coalitions, public health, or the non-profit sector will be considered.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter, indicating “Community Health Intern Application” in the subject line.
Contact Information: Marissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering this impactful opportunity to contribute to our community's health and well-being.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience