Position: Community Engagement Specialist – Asheville/Buncombe, Durham and Wake Area
Reports to: Vice President, UWNC
Purpose: United Way of North Carolina is hiring a Community Engagement Specialist who will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing the rollout of NCCARE360, with a specific focus on building buy-in with local stakeholders. The Community Engagement Specialist will conduct outreach, host meetings, and build relationships with United Way leaders, government agencies, school leadership and personnel, and community-based organizations to foster a sense of trust with the goal of building strong communities of organizations that work together. In order to be successful, the Community Engagement Specialist will need to possess strong project management skills and provide proven results.
• Lead project implementation from end-to-end within your scope of work
• Identify key organizations and influencers across core service domains to engage in the net-work
• Conduct provider interest meetings and maintain a pulse of community interest and engage-ment
• Deliver best practices for process workflows based on specific client use cases, evolving in-dustry standards, and an understanding of related tools
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with key stakeholders and exec-utive sponsors by becoming a valuable resource
• Drive the adoption of NCCARE360 within network organizations and their community partners
• Collect feedback on a regular basis and share relevant product/service feedback
• Analyze data to provide deeper insights and a smarter understanding of network performance and participant outcomes
• Develop and maintain systems to track contract deliverables.
• Provide regular reporting on deliverables to contract partners.
• Provide technical assistance to United Way organizations/staff in North Carolina to improve leadership skills, performance, fundraising success, and achieve community impact.
• Create, plan and execute training and capacity-building opportunities through workshops, roundtables, peer-to-peer connection, conferences, and online connection
• Creating sustainable funding and help identify new business opportunities while continuing to build effective relationships with network leaders, regional/state associations, state funders, state policy leaders, and other stakeholders and partners to further engage and increase sup-port for the United Way mission and NCCARE360.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a sustainable delivery model that enables UWNC to continu-ally enhance the United Way value proposition.
• Build strong relationships with local United Way CEOs, corporate leaders, community leaders and other essential stakeholders.
• Promote a cooperative spirit within the organization to create a culture of quality communica-tion with high-performance standards that support the organization’s strategic plan and an-nual goals.
• Communicate effectively with the leadership team and external vendors about project delivera-bles and details.
• During times of disaster work assignments may change to support the organization with any needs that arise
• Primary duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive, and employees may be asked to fulfill other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Three years or more of nonprofit and project management experience preferred.
Grassroots/advocacy experience is considered a plus.
Other Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – you’re an active listener who can build relationships, break down complex ideas and tailor your message to a specific audience
• Demonstrated success managing complex projects and implementations with poise and confidence
• Self-starter motivation with strong organizational and time management skills – you make things happen!
• Both professionalism and determination- you build trust with clients by consistently overdelivering
• Comfortability engaging with end-users, promoting Unite Us, and generating buy-in across multiple stakeholder groups
• The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment - you are solutions-oriented and highly adaptable
• A passion for healthcare or human services and an understanding of how health and human services are delivered in North Carolina
• Experience and knowledge of the public school system structure in North Carolina are considered a plus.
• At least 2 years of applicable, community-based experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Possess a valid Driver’s license and current auto liability insurance, and reliable transportation
• Access to a suitable remote work environment located in the Raleigh area to facilitate in-person meetings and conversations with local stakeholders.
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of North Carolina
• All employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
• Benefits include paid leave, paid health insurance and employer contribution to a 403B Plan.
• Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply, please include your level of fluency in your resume or letter.
• We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Workplace accommodations can be made for individuals with special needs.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No calls or emails for information please.
United Way of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.