Community Engagement Relationship Manager
Community Engagement Relationship Manager will work directly with the CEO and help lead the creative development, design, implementation and executionComm of fundraising strategies for the organization, including corporate giving and individual and employee donor program efforts. This role builds positive relationships with companies and individuals in McHenry County to meet and exceed financial goals for United Way of Greater McHenry County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Relationship Management
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development
- Community Leadership
- Campaign Goal Achievement
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and build strong, positive relationships with individuals, companies and employees of assigned accounts to cultivate consistent year-round engagement with United Way of Greater McHenry County through giving, volunteering, advocacy and education.
- Ensure all fundraising goals are met or exceeded.
- Serve as a primary contact for companies and individuals within established areas regarding the giving of donations, gifts and pledges.
- Identify opportunities and create new partnerships with companies and individuals.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate gifts/sponsorships from companies and gifts from employees.
- Coordinate collaborative efforts between United Way, individuals and corporations.
- Have a strong pulse on the McHenry County community and ensure United Way is represented.
- Execute year-round corporate partnership strategies to increase financial support for United Way of Greater McHenry County.
- Identify opportunities and formulate business development strategies to ensure long-term success.
- Raise and leverage resources.
- Meet growth objectives.
- Assist with generating new leads and business opportunities.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development:
- Lead the Day of Caring initiative to engage new companies, donors and community groups to get involved and be inspired, impacting the revenue generated through the UW campaign.
- Assist with Allocations, engaging panelists to help grow relationships to lead to additional Pillars Club members.
- Internal Communications:
- Oversee, maintain and ensure paper and electronic record keeping and document archive systems related to resource development and stewardship efforts, including the Andar Donor Database.
- Provide accurate data and timely reports, weekly projections, sharing of best practices and team support as needed.
- Solicit companies for final reports, assist with reconciliation and entry in Andar to ensure accurate campaign reporting.
- External Communications:
- Assist in the development and implementation of year-round strategies for recognition and communication of organizations and individuals.
- Represent United Way of Greater McHenry County in the community and in companies via frequent public speaking, campaign presentations, and networking activities.
- Community Leadership:
- Help expand community understanding of and engagement with United Way’s community goals.
- Represent United Way of Greater McHenry County at select community events.
- Campaign Goal Achievement:
- Work to achieve the campaign goals established by the Executive Director and Campaign Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; or
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in resource development, fundraising, sales or related area.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in public speaking, facilitation, writing and presentation skills, both one-on-one and publicly. English required. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Skilled at engaging, inspiring and building strong relationships with people.
- Track record of setting and meeting goals and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Creative in approaching problem-solving.
- High degree of professionalism that requires the use of courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively.
- Strong analytical and summation skills-financial, proposal review, research, evaluation, and planning with the ability to summarize data into common language and develop relevant and compelling reports.
- Demonstrated capability to take a leadership role with non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff while working with diverse segments of our community.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with ongoing distractions and/or interruptions.
- Proactive regarding planning.
- Strong in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently as well as the ability to actively contribute as a team member.
- Must embody personal attributes of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
Additional Requirements for Hire:
- Proof and maintenance of a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
Schedule: 20-30 hours per week, heaviest during campaign season, lightest in the Summer. Generally Monday through Friday with some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.