United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Corporate Engagement Manager supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by developing strategies to grow and enhance donor networks; leading community partnerships and corporate engagement opportunities; and supporting major donor and corporate investment giving efforts.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Donor Networks – 50%
- Manage and lead affinity groups, United Way Young Leaders Society, Leadership Givers, and RISE:
- Establish and maintain staff support at all levels of leadership involvement (Advisory Board, Planning Committee(s), etc).
- Provide staff leadership and/or support for year round engagement and activity plan:
- Speaker series,
- Volunteer projects,
- Professional development,
- Networking events.
- Develop, coordinate and execute comprehensive social media and digital marketing/outreach efforts i.e. Websites, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
- Research and develop new affinity groups to engage targeted communities.
- Develop strategies to expand affinity group donor base and create campaigns around engaging more members at the corporate level.
- Track and update affinity group membership through donor management software.
- Timely entry of member information into data management system.
- Cross-department coordination to ensure accuracy of network lists and updated contact information.
- Plan and execute all conferences, seminars, and trainings in partnership with local steering committee and UWEPC staff:
- Solicit key partners and sponsors;
- Recruit and manage speakers and panelists;
- Oversee participant registration;
- Manage a detailed budget for purchasing materials and contracting vendors.
- Ensure integration of donor network activities with all UWEPC departments and programs as well as maintaining direct ties to UWEPC mission and strategy.
- Collect, organize, and report data related to donor community engagement and volunteerism including Global Results Framework common indicators.
- Plan and execute volunteer, donor and sponsor recognition and “thank you” efforts.
Corporate Engagement – 30%
- Oversee and coordinate corporate engagement efforts to foster relationships and encourage active donors.
- Plan and execute volunteer events and donations drives as requested by corporate donors.
- Maintain consistent communication with UWEPC funded agencies and track available volunteer opportunities for corporate donors.
- Assist with recruiting corporate volunteers for United Way’s annual Day of Caring, Day of Action, other volunteer events.
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Assist with annual Appreciation Luncheon including soliciting table sales from corporate donors, ensuring corporate donors are appropriately acknowledged and coordinating thank-you’s and appreciation gifts.
Major Donor Relations – 20%
- Support engagement of major individual donors, learning the goals of those donors to encourage increased engagement.
- Gather and analyze donor data and metrics related to engagement to determine the best methods of outreach as well as areas of impact of most interest for current and potential donors. Utilize findings to customize and tailor messaging and engagement opportunities.
- Assist with planning annual leadership giving appreciation event, including:
- Book event venue;
- Order and manage catering;
- Assist with invitations and RSVP’s;
- Manage a detailed budget for the event.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to public relations, communications, marketing, or social services, plus five years of volunteer or work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel),; Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams.
- Equity Mindset
- Network Mindset
- Learning Mindset
- Think Strategically
Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact.
- Promote Collaboration
Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Engage and Inspire
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Inspire Trust
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Focus on Community
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.