We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can’t happen without it.
LOCATION: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
STATUS: Temporary, August 24, 2020 – December 4th (15-week commitment)
SALARY: $18/Hour, $675.00 per week
The Community Ambassador functions as a member of the Development staff of United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. With a team of United Way staff and volunteers, Community Ambassadors conduct, manage, and monitor assigned corporate and individual solicitations as well as employee campaigns so that maximum results are achieved. This position will focus on accounts in UWMB’s Seacoast region (Strafford/Rockingham counties in New Hampshire, Kittery/Eliot in Maine) and North Shore region and will provide support (as directed by the Senior Director, Development) to the Regional Advisory Boards in both regions.
Individuals who will thrive in and enjoy this position will possess the following qualities:
- Be a fast learner
- Comfortable with meetings, presentations, and conversations via Webinar platforms (Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (via email, phone, and Webinar)
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility and ability to pivot
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
1. Coordinate processes within assigned corporate accounts, including: creating campaign timelines, ordering and delivering campaign materials, creating reports, tracking results, collecting donor detail, and other administrative duties. Inform United Way staff of progress, challenges, and opportunities throughout the campaign.
2. Using skills learned during professional training, develop and execute specific strategies for maximizing performance in each assigned account, with a primary focus on increasing donor gifts, retaining previous donors, and recruiting and engaging new donors.
3. Provide support to the Seacoast and North Shore Regional Advisory Boards as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; comparable experience considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional fund-raising or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of administrative tasks and willingness to complete those tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment preferred.
- Attendance at professional training session beginning August 24, 2020.
- Applicants must have access to a car.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
TO APPLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210.
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.