UNITED WAY OF MASSACHUSETTS BAY AND MERRIMACK VALLEY
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
POSITION TITLE: Community Ambassador, Boston
REPORTS TO: Development Director
STATUS:Temporary, 15 week commitment starting mid-September
SALARY: $15/Hour (Non-negotiable)
BENEFITS: N/A (Non-negotiable)
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY URGED TO APPLY
The Community Ambassador functions as a member of the Development staff of United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. With a team of United Way staff and volunteers, Community Ambassadors conduct, manage and monitor assigned corporate and individual solicitations as well as employee campaigns so that maximum results are achieved. Ambassador will support the Engagement team with implementing corporate volunteer projects, United Way's Signature Events and year-round engagement opportunities and stewardship touchpoints. The candidate will work closely with donors, volunteers and community organizations. We are looking for a Community Ambassador to start remote with the potential for some in person events based out of our Boston office.
Individuals who will thrive in and enjoy this position will possess the following qualities:
- Be a fast learner
- Comfortable with meetings, presentations, and conversations via Webinar platforms (Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (via email, phone, and Webinar)
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility and ability to pivot
- Interest in analytics/using Excel and donor database on a consistent basis
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Coordinate processes within assigned corporate accounts, including: creating campaign timelines, ordering and delivering campaign materials, creating reports, tracking results, collecting donor detail, and other administrative duties.
- Inform United Way staff of progress, challenges, and opportunities throughout the campaign.
- Using skills learned during professional training, develop and execute specific strategies for maximizing performance in each assigned account, with a primary focus on increasing donor gifts, retaining previous donors, and recruiting and engaging new donors.
- Assist with other programs run by the Volunteer Engagement Team, including but not limited to our Board Connection Program and Emerging Leaders Society.
- Perform analytics using Excel to track performance and progress of programs and events
- Bachelor Degree preferred; comparable experience considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional fund-raising or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of administrative tasks and willingness to complete those tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools specifically Excel and Word.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.