The Marketing Division is responsible for publications and campaign materials, advertising and promotion, web site content, media relations, special events, sports partnerships, and public issues.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for meeting the daily demands of the marketing and communications department.
Approximately 20% of the position will focus on administrative tasks, such as ensuring documents are correct and printed for meetings, answering phones, creating task spreadsheets, taking notes, providing support to board meetings and marketing committee meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Approximately 80% of the position will focus on marketing and communications projects, such as writing articles, stories and copy for web, print and advertising; editing content created by others; taking, uploading and editing photographs at various events and meetings; creating presentation decks; and managing various marketing and communications related projects.
The Communications Coordinator receives overall direction from the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications and works directly with internal marketing and communications team as well as a wide variety of internal clients.
• Will meet the daily demands of the marketing and communications department, including writing articles, stories and copy for web, print and advertising; editing content created by others; performing administrative duties; taking, uploading and editing photographs at various events and events; creating presentation decks; and managing various marketing and communications related projects.
• Follow established guidelines for obtaining approvals and keeping supervisor informed of progress and developments.
• Respond to requests or direction of Senior Team. In coordinator with supervisor, assist in developing personal work plan, as well as Growth and Empowerment Plan for the coming year. Take required actions to achieve the results outlined within the parameters established.
• Ensures key issues are addressed and important information is provided quickly and effectively.
• Responds to customer’s needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage client expectations and the scope and scale of projects.
• Develops positive relationships by making others feel their concerns and contributions are important.
• Applies appropriate methods for interpreting data (i.e. statistics, trends, and themes from data) in order to diagnose problems and/or opportunities and propose solutions.
• Develops and maintains rapport with customers and accurately identifies their expressed and unmet needs.
• Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of products, services and processes.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field required.
• Strong command for writing and editing. Knowledge of AP style preferred.
• Eye for design and proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint as well as experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
• Photography experience and interest.
• High level of attention to detail; concern for accuracy.
• Knowledge to use and operation of standard office equipment at a level generally acquired through 1+ years’ related experience.
• Complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work in an organized and accurate fashion.
• Advanced customer service and problem resolution skills.
• Self-starter, demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines and manage projects effectively.
• Work with a team and take direction from multiple people is essential.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data from reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org