We are looking for a Communications and Social Media Coordinator to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into donors, advocates, volunteers and active promoters of United Way of Anchorage. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. In addition, you will be involved in the development and communication of our messaging and storytelling, as well as assist in other communications areas as needed. This position reports to the Senior Director, Communications, and offers the opportunity for significant professional development.
• Generate, edit, curate, publish and share daily content across all networks (original text, images, video, etc.) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Track effectiveness of content, timing and medium to determine the optimal mix for our pages, and provide analysis of data.
• Manage and optimize United Way's pages within each platform (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) to increase the visibility of United Way's social content.
• Run regular social promotions and ad campaigns and track their success.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to develop consistent messaging that educates and engages our audience across networks.
• Explore new ways to engage with existing networks and new social networks to reach our target audience in innovative ways.
• Create and manage editorial calendars and maintain posting schedules.
• Monitor and analyze social media trends and their impact on our social media strategy and tactics.
• Copywriting to include, but not limited to, storytelling, website updates, collateral as needed.
• Communications support as required by the Senior Director that may include, but is not limited to, event planning, staffing and communication; participation in strategy development; preparation of reports and analysis; media tracking and distribution.
• Ability to create and implement action plans, set priorities effectively and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to work well across numerous departments, collaborating and coordinating efforts to maximize efficiency and adapt to changing environments.
• Excellent follow thru/follow up skills and ability to follow communication protocols.
• Familiarity and understanding of the work of United Way of Anchorage a plus.
• BA/BS degree in marketing, communications or related field and 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in communications and social media management.
• Demonstrable social networking experience with a command of each network and their best practices; and social analytics tools knowledge.
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google Analytics, or other SEO analytics tools. Ability to learn new software as required.
Place of Work:
701 W. 8th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday with occasional evening or weekend events.