POSITION TITLE: Common Good Vermont Administrative & Communications Associate
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time temporary (November 2021-March 2022 with potential to re-hire)
REPORTS TO: Director of Common Good Vermont
Schedule: Estimated 16-20 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $19.00/ hour
Are you passionate about nonprofits and supporting the common good? Are you excited to learn about and gain experience within Vermont's nonprofit sector?
Common Good Vermont (CGVT) is looking for an Administrative & Communications Associate to join our growing team. The new position works with CGVT's Director and Program Associate to help steer CGVT as a go-to resource for Vermont nonprofits to share resources, gain skills, and build partnerships. Join one of the best places to work in Vermont! A recently merged program of the United Way of Northwest VT, CGVT provides capacity-building training and advocacy services to nonprofits statewide.
Purpose of Position:
The Administrative & Communications Associate performs clerical, communications, and administrative support functions for the CGVT Program. The successful candidate is an effective communicator who is detail oriented. Familiarity with Vermont's nonprofit community is preferred.
This part-time limited position through March 2022 (with the potential for rehire) includes flexible hours with a combination of remote and in-person work at the United Way Northwest VT South Burlington office. In-office work and limited travel are dependent on current COVID-19 restrictions.
Clerical & Administrative Support:
- Invoicing support for programs and services
- Contracting support for consultants and program participants
- Program support & recordkeeping
- Establishes and maintains digital filing systems
- Maintains database by entering new and updated records for program participants and consultants.
- Assists with special projects, as needed
Customer Service & Communications:
- Support CGVT team with content posting to the CGVT website, VT Nonprofit Jobs Posting Board, VT Nonprofit Training Calendar, and other online publications and resources
- Provide customer service support to nonprofits and consultants
- Assist with program communications, press announcements, and promotions
Applicants should have a minimum of an Associate's Degree and 2 years of demonstrated experience in clerical administration and familiarity with content management platforms.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with exemplary time and project management skills.
- Strong communicator with excellent listening and effective speaking skills. Able to write and speak succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to various audiences.
- Proficiency in content management (e.g., WordPress, MailChimp), experience working with databases, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and familiarity with Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
The Common Good Vermont program at United Way of Northwest Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for candidates to join our team who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. United Way of Northwest Vermont is committed to building an inclusive culture—in our workplace and the community at large—that celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, volunteers, donors, community partners, and the individuals and families we serve.
To apply, candidates should send via e-mail a resume and cover letter to Hiring@unitedwaynwvt.org by October 22nd, 2021. No phone calls, please.