United Way of York County, SC
Title: Collective Impact Director
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Job Classification Exempt, Full-time
Purpose: This position is responsible for supporting several United Way of York County, SC’s Community Programs and the Collective Impact initiatives that contribute to the attainment of United Way of York County’s mission, vision and annual goals and objectives. Measures, tracks and reports community outcomes utilizing comprehensive community data and information resources. Works at a community level to build specific partnerships for long-term results; provides the forum for setting priorities through dialogue, and examination of health and human services assets and needs. Also institutes and sustains a culture of collaboration.
- Serve on Committees, attend meetings and local functions in support of United Way as needed.
- Establish a method to monitor and evaluate program outcomes and the ability to track programmatic and community level data with a focus in outcomes and their measurements as they relate to the current identified needs of York County.
- Assist with use of Community Force Software for grant allocations and program outcome data.
- Assist in coordinating trainings for the partner agencies and the volunteers.
- Assist in all areas of the Grant/Allocation process to include training for grant volunteers, agency eligibility, application process, and program outcomes using the Bold Goal and Community indicators.
- The ability to manage grants and evaluate grant compliance.
- Participate in on-line trainings and webinars as it relates to current roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in the following United Way of York County internal programs.
- Serves as liaison for clients and casework management when necessary
- Coordinate training opportunities for Partner Agencies and other Non-profit Organizations.
- Track and manage agency outcomes to community level data
- Measure, track and report community outcomes as they relate to all assigned projects. Access community information assets and needs and direct initiatives to address development and dissemination of information related to health and human services. Drive the ongoing collection and analysis of community indicators. Develop continuing opportunities for community input and feedback on delivery of health and human services.
- Work in partnership with the President to execute the strategic plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve goals and ensure that the entire organization is focused on United Way of York County’s mission
- Provide overall leadership, vision, and focus on the development of strategies to drive the collaborative approach to community impact that enhances UWYC’s leadership position in the community
- Establish a method to monitor and evaluate program outcomes
- Provide opportunities for increased coordination of services providers
- Develop, manage and monitor/track a grants system with specific funding expectations to meet current community needs
- Provide technical assistance to funded partners regarding program development and outcome measurements
- Formulate a local Public Policy agenda that coordinates initiatives supported by the United Way of York County, SC; United Way Association of South Carolina, and United Way Worldwide
- Obtain and keep current professional certifications as necessary to perform the job
- Participate in on-line training, webinars, and when possible, attend seminars to keep abreast of industry and system best practices and enhancements
- Document policies and procedures and cross train others to ensure backup for functions
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides staff leadership and manages volunteer involvement of assigned committees for the Strategic Plan and the Community Investment Teams
- Develop Request for Proposal (RFP) that supports the Bold Goal
- Create data system that monitors progress of Bold Goal
- Identify root causes to establish Community Indicators
- Coordinates the grant process including volunteer recruitment, training, agency eligibility and application process, and program outcomes
- Coordinates training to increase knowledge of outcome measurement process and data submitted by partner agencies
- Provides the data needed to form a strong case statement around the bold goal
- Maintains grants/allocations database, reports, records, and measurements
- Coordinates internal collective impact programs
- Work outside normal office hours when required to include early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned to achieve the mission of the UWYC
United Way Professional Core Competencies for all United Way Staff
Competencies for working toward a world of economic and social opportunity for all.
- Mission Focused: The United Way’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: The United Way is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way of York County
- Internally motivated to recognize and act on opportunities to further the mission of UWYC
- Ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms to diverse target markets with regard to attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and to operate effectively with diverse groups and organizations
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy and decision-making responsibility
- Must be a self-starter and team player, with a positive outlook and the ability to manage ambiguity and change, proficient in identifying solutions and opportunities
- Excels in providing customer service; demonstrates courteous, discrete and professional demeanor with all customers/stakeholders and fellow staff
- Able to work collaboratively in a team with solution oriented mindset
- Maintains confidentiality of all customers/stakeholders at all times
- Builds relationships; thinks and acts strategically
- Can conduct multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Exhibits decisiveness – takes initiative in identifying problems and solutions
- Demonstrates good judgment under pressure
- Manages quickly changing priorities and resulting work flow
- Able to follow through and deliver tasks and projects on time
- Communicates effectively
- Attention to detail and superior accuracy in work delivered
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social work, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience preferred in grant writing, research and nonprofit management of volunteers.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position.
United Way of York County, SC, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion of persons based on merit, qualifications and competence