DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
NUMBER OF OPENNINGS: 2
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director, Education Initiatives
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED-INTERNAL: 09/6/2023
DATE POSTED-EXTERNAL: 09/13/2023
DATE POSTED-EXTERNAL: 09/13/2023
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
SALARY RANGE: $51,000 - $56,000
RELOCATION ALLOWANCE: No
WORK MODALITY: Mobile (work daily at assigned client sites in various locations)
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Individual Contributor
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) unites the community to identify and solve our most critical issues. We are dedicated to improving people's lives and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes and investing in programs that prevent problems from happening in the first place for those in need. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four impact areas: preparing children for kindergarten; empowering students to graduate and reach their full potential; helping individuals and families become self-sufficient; providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Coach, Early Childhood Education provides consultation, coaching and training to early childhood education directors and teaching staff to support early childhood development centers pursuing quality certification through Texas Rising Star. The Coach, Early Childhood Education is committed to strengthening early childhood education by increasing the number of quality centers in Bexar County. The Coach, Early Childhood Education works collaboratively with United Way of San Antonio early childhood staff team to ensure all children are happy, healthy and ready to enter kindergarten.
The ideal candidate will have experience implementing quality instructional strategies, collaborating with cross-sector agencies and ensuring delivery is in compliance with Licensing Minimum Standards and Texas Rising Star. This person will have the ability to work on a mobile work modality and communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders in a professional manner. The successful candidate will be flexible, self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage a caseload of early childhood education centers by consulting with early childhood education providers to determine coaching and professional development and training needs for staff.
- Understands early childhood education quality certifications and accreditations, including Texas Rising Star, and supports the director and staff in meeting structural requirements and quality standards.
- Evaluate center needs and creates Individual Action Plans in alignment with the Alamo Quality Pathway that includes providing evaluation, observations and assessments to teachers.
- Maintain reports on center progress towards quality certification and ensure frequent communication regarding progress to director and teaching staff before and after visitations.
- Remain abreast of best practices in quality early childhood education environments by researching literature and existing local, state and national quality certification and accreditation programs and incorporating these practices into the quality coaching model.
- Use required coaching and instructional tools to monitor and assess the level of quality instruction in early learning environments.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data on the progress of early childhood development centers as requested by UWSA’s early childhood education team.
- Support the Director, Education Initiatives in the planning and facilitation of meetings, presentations, workshops and community seminars regarding quality early childhood education.
- Contribute to the success of a coaching model by providing feedback on the procedures and review process for working in partnership with early childhood education providers.
- Recruit early childhood development centers into the Building Quality Initiative by providing information and ensuring frequent communication throughout the recruitment process.
- Communicate effectively with the Director, Education Initiative and UWSA’s early childhood education team regarding UWSA’s work progression with increasing quality early childhood education in the community.
- Partner with community organizations engaged in increasing access to quality early childhood development centers.
- Support and strengthen partnerships between early childhood-focused entities in Bexar County to reduce duplication of services, streamline efforts and strengthen the early childhood education system.
- Create strong feedback mechanisms to ensure community input from parents, partners and stakeholders continues to inform early childhood education initiatives at UWSA.
- Identify opportunities to share success stories around UWSA’s work in early childhood education and collaborate with the Marketing department to develop public-facing materials highlighting UWSA’s impact.
- Support UWSA’s engagement with higher education institutions working within the early childhood education arena in support of building a talent pipeline of quality early childhood educators.
- In partnership with United Way’s early childhood staff team, manage additional opportunities supporting early childhood education initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree – required / master’s degree – preferred in Education, Health & Human Services or other related field of study.
- Three years’ experience teaching in an early childhood education environment required.
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) reliable observer certification in Infant, Toddler and Pre-K within 6 months of hire.
- Experience in program evaluation.
- Experience training or coaching adults preferred.
- Experience in working effectively in multicultural environments.
- Strong relationships in the nonprofit, public and private sectors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES INFORMATION
- Knowledge of early childhood education curriculum and research-based materials and instructional strategies
- Knowledge of the nonprofit arena and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, community partners, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to identify and build opportunities and assist in educating and mobilizing networks of individuals, associations, agencies and institutions to support UWSA’s impact agenda.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, confident and goal oriented.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Dynamic, authentic leadership and team building skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities and problem-solve issues as they arise
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Facilitation and presentation skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Results-Based Accountability™, preferred.
- Data utilization expertise related to community issues.
- Budget management experience.
- Committee-level volunteer management.
- Relationship management with a broad array of individuals and organizations.
- Attention to detail in a multitasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competent with Adobe Products Suite, preferred.
UNITED WAY COMPETENCIES
Core Competencies (all United Way Professionals):
Mission Focused, Relationship Oriented, Collaborator, Results Driven, Brand Steward
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products are available.
- Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- Normal nonprofit office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Extended work on personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
- Reliable transportation required with the ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events locally, routinely and around the state and nationally, occasionally.
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Sedentary work on a PC; sitting for extended periods of time, routinely.
- Movement within the office and during external meeting and events, regularly.
- Bends, stoops and twists, occasionally.
- Exerts up to 25 lbs. of force, occasionally.
- Facilitates, presents and collaboratively interacts with others, routinely.
- Perform repetitive tasks, i.e., typing and texting, routinely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/c1a895ce-f28e-4dac-88db-d5fb796d20f5/UNITED-WAY-OF-SAN-ANTONIO-BEXAR-COUNTY.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UWSA will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations if reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application, interview process, or to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org