United Way Worldwide (UWW) utilizes Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a cloud service provider to deliver multiple capabilities to UWW staff, local United Ways and external stakeholders. UWW hosts several key web properties within its AWS environment. Additionally, UWW has partnered with external service providers to develop an Enterprise Data Management platform that serves as the central data collaboration.
The position will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's cloud computing infrastructure. This role requires a strong understanding of AWS services and the ability to work with cross-functional teams to monitor and optimize UWW's existing AWS cloud systems, as well as work on the design and implementation of new cloud-based solutions for the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Design and implement resilient environments with UWW’s AWS environment
- Maintain documentation for provisioned AWS infrastructure
- Develop operations architecture descriptions for the provisioning of new services
- Partner with application owners, support teams and external vendors to troubleshoot issues with AWS infrastructure and plan the launch of new services
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with security best practices and within the guidance of the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Leverage AWS monitoring tools to track performance and availability of UWW applications
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to manage UWW’s CI/CD pipelines
- Be an active voice in the improvement of cloud native processes and architecture
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements include:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS products and offerings as demonstrated by prior experience or relevant AWS certifications
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and cloud native services in the AWS environment (Cloud Formation, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS native database management solutions such as AWS RDS including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
- Robust background in Linux and Windows server administration, especially MySQL and SQL Server
- Comfortable in managing infrastructure as code
- An automation first mindset
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Flexibility to work in a hybrid corporate telework environment
- 3-5 years experience in similar role
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $ 95,000 annually. Proffered salaries are determined by several factors including applicant’s knowledge, skills, and experience; equity; and market factors.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.Chavez@uww,unitedway.org or call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more. Most benefits begin on the first day of the month following your start date.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.