Functional Title: Chief of Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: CEO
Mobile Phone Reimbursement: Yes
Objective: We are searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to directly support the CEO in a number of ways, including administrative functions, strategic focus, operational alignment and project management. The right candidate can work in a fast-paced environment and is able to absorb and process a great deal of information quickly. He/She will have the ability to think strategically, challenge current thinking and influence results without formal authority. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on inter-department collaboration.
- Provide a wide range of office administration and support to CEO to enhance productivity and effectiveness, including communications, appointment and calendar management
- Serve as trusted counsel and strategic thought partner to CEO
- Manage organization-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives that advance the mission of United Way from development through successful execution, bring together important stakeholders and help drive decisions.
- Serves as principal administrative contact and liaison to Board of Directors
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Collect, synthesize and analyze information to aid CEO decision-making
- Represent CEO in the executive’s absence.
- Prepare for and follow up on meetings
- Must be able to take and transcribe meeting minutes and keep a myriad of information and projects organized.
- Serve as a member of the CEO’s Leadership Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Team player
- Organized with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think through complex situations and problems
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and phone manner
- Strong technology skills, including in-depth experience with entire MS Office Suite
- Maintains confidence and protects organization by keeping information confidential
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3-5 years demonstrated experience at commensurate level
- Project Management experience
United Way of Forsyth County brings the community and its resources together to solve problems that no one organization can address alone.
Our vision is a world-class community where no one lives in poverty and EVERYONE holds the power to access opportunities and resources needed to thrive.
THE UNITED WAY OF FORSYTH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resume and cover letter required. Please apply at: www.forsythunitedway.org/careers
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.