Tampa, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Chief Philanthropy Officer. The Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO) works with the CEO to develop and execute a comprehensive sustainable fundraising program that offers a range of philanthropic opportunities that align with individual, corporate and foundation interests and celebrate all contributions with enthusiasm. The CPO improves the utilization of data and planning with an emphasis on the cultivation of existing donors and the acquisition of new donors to raise the resources needed to carry out the United Way Suncoast mission.
- Leads innovation and data-driven giving solutions, positioning United Way Suncoast as a visionary market leader with donors, philanthropic organizations, and community.
- Creates, facilitates, and regularly monitors the performance of a fund development plan that specifies goals and objectives using moves management; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for annual, major, and planned giving; foundation grants; workplace giving and timelines, action items and assignments.
- Drives new growth opportunities. Identifies, prioritizes, develops, and launches new products, services and business models that elevate the donor and volunteer experience.
- Creates, integrates, and adapts technological platforms and strategies to improve the donor experience.
- Ensures fund raising efforts support the UWS community impact model and revenue goals. Leads the strategic priorities of Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Workplace Campaigns.
- Builds mission-centric relationships with philanthropists, successfully soliciting leadership gifts and creating data-driven strategies that inspire and engage donors.
- Partners with UWS leadership to ensure and support a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. Guides, coaches, and counsels the CEO and others in managing his/her/their portfolio of donors to ensure personalized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies are in place, managed and implemented.
- Engages and facilitates the Board of Directors’ participation in the fund development process.
- Ensures that donor segmentation models inform fundraising plans, prospective donors and partners are measured against those models, and efforts prioritize achieving well-balanced donor portfolio and roadmap.
- Provides strategic leadership for volunteer committees.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and coaches team members and/or volunteers to ensure program goals are achieved, and to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Leads department budgeting and forecasting and effectively manages resources.
- Ensures consistent application of operating procedures, policies, and processes including timely completion and/or approval of organizational documents and processes.
- Embodies and consistently reinforces Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops, refines, and facilitates processes improvements, increased efficiencies, and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- 15 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to work and drive extensively in the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.