POSITION SUMMARY: Has overall responsibility for directing, planning, coordinating, managing and evaluating Information Systems for United Way Worldwide (UWW). Is responsible for the efficient coordination of information systems strategy across the UWW network as well as ensuring effective internal business continuity of information technolog operations on a daily basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Leads the strategic plans and business objectives of UWW from a technology and information infrastructure and architecture perspective.
- Develop and implement collaborative planning processes and coordinate technology and information resources planning in conjunction with the major strategic leadership groups across UWW.
- Work with organizational leadership to identify and drive technology solutions and innovations with the expectation of maximizing operational effectiveness, while reducing costs through greater efficiencies of cross functional utility and/or scale.
- Oversee the translation of technology vision and strategy into department strategies
- Oversee administration of the CRM system, information architecture of extensive content, and 20+ distinct applications on many United Way and United Way Worldwide external websites consistent with Brand strategy and vision of organization
- Provide outward intranet/extranet
- Manage the development, implementation and performance of site features and functionality for United Way Worldwide facing systems in establishing common protocols, promoting uniformity of systems management and coordination and partnership across the greater United Way network system.
- Foster a collaborative environment in the use and coordination and sharing of information across the UWW Network to ensure greater business & competitive leverage & positioning of UWW as a preferred brand both domestically and internationally.
- Evaluate and report on system-wide health in relationship to the effective use of technology. Make recommendations for continuous system-wide improvement.
- Inspire change and organizational growth by encouraging new ideas, removing barriers and being responsive to innovative enterprise-wide business solutions, programs and services.
- Align information technology assets with broader risk management needs. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the organization and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster including cyber security.
- Review and update annually enterprise-wide technology, data strategy and security standards
- Partner with International leadership in the development of global technology solutions while ensuring compliance of UWW standards within Enterprise Architecture standards
- Partner with the Marketing, Development, Talent Management and People Strategies departments in developing a level of data sophistication capability through predictive/prescriptive analytics, visualizations, and KPI driven dashboards that builds United Way’s business intelligence, capacity to grow and discipline across the organization and network
- Translate and map business strategy into information/technology strategy for the United Way network
- Establish a Shared Services Center of Excellence supported by a team of developers, architects, system admins, etc. to bring subject matter expertise in-house
- Build strong and effective working relationships with local United Way partners, customers, software vendors, technical vendors and the internal team to drive collaboration and achieve deliverables across United Way’s suite of shared services
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of transformative milestones to grow UWW into data-driven decision-makers across the organization and network
- Develop IT department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval.
- Recruit, develop and retain top IT talent to insure organizational readiness.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least five years of expert-level experience in a similar role. Additionally, this position requires a minimum of five years of previous people management experience, and five to ten years of experience in a leadership role.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.