Position: Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer
Department: Finance & Administration
Supervisor: David Lewis, President
Status: Salary, Exempt, Full-time
Total First Year Compensation (base salary plus bonuses): $135k - $155k annually
The planned retirement of our long tenured VP, Finance and Administration has United Way of Greater Lehigh Valley searching for our next Chief Financial Officer. Our team is seeking a leader with an entrepreneurial approach to nonprofit management who knows the nuts and bolts of not-for-profit finances. This role is perfect for individuals with at least 5 years' experience in the highest-level finance position of a not-for-profit organization with an operating budget of at least $3 million.
1. Lead financial investment of organizational resources – prepare and present budget and financials, audit prep and 990 filing, facilitate Finance and Audit committees, serve as corporate treasurer (55% of time).
2. Lead Finance & Administration Team of 8 full-time staff (20% of time).
3. Provide executive leadership to organization (15% of time).
4. Co-create strategic community partnerships with financial planning support – negotiate large asset acquisitions, mergers & back office support agreements (10% of time).
Required Work Experience for Chief Financial Officer
• Minimum 10 years providing financial oversight/management for a not-for-profit organization.
• Minimum 10 years experience in direct supervision of finance staff.
• Minimum 5 years in the highest level (executive) finance position of a not-for-profit organization with an operating budget of at least $3 million.
• Relevant education and/or work experience in for-profit organizations considered in lieu of not-for-profit work experience.
Skills for CFO
• Demonstrated ability to serve under a Finance Committee of a Board of Directors
• Tactical skills in budgeting, preparing and reviewing financials, and audit preparation.
• Possess an executive level strategic lens
• Exceptional people leader skills with both direct reports and cross departmentally
• Competency in fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work climate
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
Subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance, fully paid life and ltd insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, paid leave package (41 days annually between PTO, Sick & Holidays with additional special instance leave available).
Remote Work Policy
This executive level position is primarily done in person in our office in Allentown, PA. Our remote work policy allows for about 1 remote day a week. The ability to work remotely is dependent on changing position and organizational needs.
How to Apply
This search is being facilitated by Juno Search Partners, an Executive Search Practice specializing in nonprofit leadership placement. Samantha Yanczak, Head of the Practice, is facilitating the process and working with the Executive Team at United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.