Chief Financial Officer
Trident United Way
Trident United Way is seeking a highly motivated CFO with the ability to evaluate and enhance all processes, build an effective team and manage all financial aspects, including audit activities. The CFO will report directly to the CEO, will interact with the Board of Directors and be an important member of the senior leadership team. The CFO’s responsibilities will include overseeing cash flow planning, preparing and reviewing budgets and tracking operational metrics. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing and guiding vendors for building and information technology management, and cross-functional project teams. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models. Ultimately, this person will ensure we manage Trident United Way’s resources in the most beneficial way and help maximize our funding in support of our mission.
- Lead accurate, effective and ethical management of organizational finances to support accomplishment of mission, vision and goals and to assure continued stakeholder confidence.
- Provides oversight for payroll and accounts payable processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead creation of accurate, strategic and effective budget development and internal financial management processes.
- Assist as needed with external presentations of financial information including grant application information and stakeholder communications as well as lead the development of external financial statements.
- Manage Finance team as well as the Information Technology and Building Manager Contractors. Serve as staff contact for the Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees of the Board of Directors and of Finance Review Council of the Community Impact Committee
- Provide oversight for building operational services to ensure the safety and security of staff and tenants. Oversee the Information Technology function including server maintenance and data security.
- Grant review, billing and oversight
- Support Fundraising efforts through management of confidential donor information and administration of pledges
- Risk management services including business insurance renewals and reviews
- BS in Accounting or similar required.
- Experience in a leadership role within a non-profit required. Experience within philanthropy preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting, with significant leadership and team development experience.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Andar
- preferred, but not required
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, but not required
- CPA preferred but not required
Please reach out to Rhiannon Poore at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.