Why United Way Suncoast?
At United Way Suncoast, important work is met with kindness and celebration, and challenges are met with brilliant collaboration. We are improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good. We are looking for a Chief Financial and Investments Officer to join our team of diverse changemakers.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and produce exceptional results?
The Chief Financial and Investments Officer will be responsible for the financial performance of the organization, oversight of community investments, and organizational data reporting. The Chief Financial and Investments Officer will plan, implement, and direct all financially related activities, including budgeting, forecasting, negotiations, cash flow, and compliance.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership, direction, and management of the finance, accounting, and community investment teams.
- Direct financial forecasting and budgeting, as well as all financial reporting activities.
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports. Oversees the annual audit and 990 filing.
- Develop organizational controls to ensure fiscal compliance.
- Work with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Oversee investment of funds and works to raise additional capital as required.
- Evaluate organizational insurance needs and ensures appropriate policies and coverage.
- Ensure adherence to all United Way Worldwide annual membership standards.
- Oversee donor services and accurate pledge processing.
- Ensure the Community Impact investment and grant-making process, data and evaluation, and product development activities are implemented effectively.
- Ensure development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and data collection for organizational dashboards to provide measurements and insights to inform both the Board and staff decision making and continuous improvement of UWS’s programs.
- Review and approve leases. Establish standardized process for approval of vendor agreements, contracts, and MOU’s prior to commitment.
- Serve as staff liaison for the Finance, Investment, and Audit & Ethics Committees of the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- At least 15 years progressive experience in financial management required
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills
- Proficient in various GL and ERP systems
- Results-driven leader