Open to current United Way employees only
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Board of Directors
About United Way of North Central Iowa – United Way of North Central Iowa (UWNCI) serves an eight county region with offices headquartered in Mason City, Iowa. UWNCI allocates donor funding to community programs and UWNCI initiatives targeting the three strategic focus areas of Education, Income and Health.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the leader of the organization, along with the Board, establishing a vision for Community Impact that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing staff and volunteers. The CEO is the chief mobilizer leveraging the power of relationships and networks, and working across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the communities served. The CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The CEO is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact. The CEO is the steward of the UWNCI brand, understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of UWNCI, and building trust and the relevance of UWNCI in the communities served.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Community Impact - The CEO is responsible for the overall impact of UWNCI on the communities served, with emphasis on increasing capacity to drive positive impact on the Education, Income and Health focus areas.
- Resource Development - The CEO is charged to drive key results in fundraising and to promote a culture of fundraising in the organization, both at the staff and board level.
- Strategic Management - The CEO serves as the principle resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees giving solid and thoughtful direction in setting the strategies of UWNCI and ensuring alignment of all activities to that strategic focus.
- Organization Management - The CEO is accountable for building and leading high-performing teams, ensuring organizational activities align with goals, and assumes accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within the policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Substantial experience working in the non-profit sector and interacting with diverse volunteers and boards.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders, a demonstrated track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the communities at large.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Demonstrated history of unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and successful experience in public speaking.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND/CORE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional post-graduate work a plus.
- Five years of work experience; a minimum of two years of management experience preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Current United Way employees only
- Fund-raising experience with proven results.
Salary commensurate with experience. The standard UWNCI benefit package does apply. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. E.O.E
Interested Applicants send resume and/or inquiries to: HR@unitedwaynci.org