We envision a world where all those who work to keep our local economies running can support themselves and their families.
Our mission is to have ALICE beome the standard measure used by nonprofit, government, business and academic institutions to define financial insecurity - thereby changing the common vernacular from "working poor" to "ALICE".
THE ROLE OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The incoming CEO will be expected to envision, implement, and manage significant growth, as UWNNJ works to fulfill its commitment to provide solutions for ALICE in New Jersey, and to promote the interests of ALICE nationally. The CEO will continue and expand the legacy established by the retiring CEO. The CEO's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Passionately advocating throughout the community, region, and state for ALICE individuals and families
- Empowering a staff of 40 that will promote the UWNNJ mission, philosophy, and values throughout the organization
- Building and supporting an effective Board of Trustees and serving as an advisor to all Board committees
- Developing and executing a comprehensive strategic plan of action to position the organization for future success and growth
- Providing leadership in cultivating and soliciting new and existing relationships in the corporate, business, civic and foundation sectors to increase private sources of funding
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be a proven and recognized leader who brings to UWNNJ a record of significant accomplishments as well as the competencies needed to continue and expand the organization's mission, including:
- Visionary thinker with an entreprenurial spirit
- Transformational leader with a demonstrated success in organizational turnaround
- Business acumen and demonstrated decision-making skills
- Relationship builder and collaborator with a well connected network
- Excellent communicator and public speaker
- Executive leadership presence
- Inspirational motivator
- Effective management and organizational skills
- Experience with philanthropy and a demonstrated track record of fund raising and development
- Recognized thought leader and brand builder
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Board development experience and record of strong board engagement
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a passion for ALICE, and a genuine desire to develop solutions to the hurdles experienced by individuals and families who are working, but who struggle to afford basic necessities.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.