United Way of Miami Dade is currently seeking for a Chief Communications Officer (CCO) who will be responsible for monitoring and advising the President and CEO, leadership and key constituents on issues of organizational importance and in creating, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives externally as well as within the organization in support of the United Way of Miami-Dade mission.
Provide ongoing leadership and management of the Engagement and Marketing teams collectively referred to as External Affairs & Marketing Team including the development and execution of its work plan, and related budget.
· Serve as a strategic advisor to CEO and Executive Staff Team on issue and reputation management as needed; develops and executes proactive and reactive strategies for managing critical issues;
· Oversees the development and execution of a full, bilingual corporate marketing and communications program that upholds and enhances the image of a quality, caring organization, committed to excellence. Includes a proactive marketing and public relations program to place stories and garner favorable coverage, generating content and stories that can be used for communications purposes across multi-platforms. Responsible for key corporate communications vehicles like annual reports, newsletters, speechwriting and social media.
· Lead leadership team in the development and successful implementation of short and long term business strategies in the ongoing development, assessment and evolution of the organization’s strategic business plan while creating marketing initiatives, with measurable goals, to support same.
· Ensures the organization’s operations are communicated in a transparent manner and conducted with exemplary ethical standards; ensures that staff and volunteers are held to a written Code of Ethics and Business Conduct that ensures a high level of confidence from key constituencies.
· Leads organizational development of an engagement culture and discipline that is fundamental to our mission and strategically moves stakeholders from passive participants to brand ambassadors.
· Oversees development of meaningful, year-round marketing and engagement opportunities to build understanding, loyalty and affinity for the brand while connecting volunteers to UWMD mission.
· Cultivates and maintains positive, productive relationships with board members, volunteers, community and business leaders, investors, stakeholders, senior staff, employees, and agencies; matches volunteer talent to service opportunities that will strengthen the relationship and be mutually beneficial.
· Provides leadership and direction of organization’s staff and volunteer responses during times of community crisis or disaster; coordinates organization’s efforts with those of Miami-Dade County Office of Emergency Management (ESF-15) requirements.
· In partnership with Human Resources, and with the support of senior leadership team, recommends and provides oversight of employee awards and recognition activities/programs.
· Identifies and manages opportunities for increased organization involvement in the community consistent with current marketing initiatives.
· Identifies, accepts and leads special projects as needed.
Event Production & Sponsorships
· Oversees the successful planning and execution of UWMD events, within budget constraints, to market and communicate our brand and impact, and create compelling sponsorship opportunities that engage the community, reaches new audiences and provides opportunities for donor engagement.
· Responsible for supervising event staff and the successful execution of event logistics, programming and managing expenses within budget and organizational policies.
· Manage and lead UWD team to deliver goals for Veritage, Mayor’s Ball as well as other sponsorship events.
Responsible for the supervision of direct reports which includes fostering ongoing communication, inspiring teamwork and job satisfaction, coaching to mentor staff development, training to evolving roles and skills, developing to strengthen the role of staff in support of organizational goals, measuring performance to create a broader business focus and quality, measurable results, disciplining and directing tasks. . Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate or terminate employees within their department/team or recommend such actions.
M.B.A. in Business Administration, or Graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, or Bachelor degree and four years of related experience.
Eight or more years of proven track-record in communications, business or strategic management related position with management experience.
Ability to provide an important strategic perspective; skills to hire quality & committed individuals, management skills, customer service abilities & public speaking. Foreign language not a requirement but helpful. Able to handle many major priorities and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite.