This is a grant funded position within United Way’s Cradle to Career Partnership (C2C), a county-wide initiative to improve educational outcomes across the birth to career continuum and eliminate racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities. This position facilitates and coordinates all strategies and activities associated with the partnership’s Post-Secondary Enrollment and Completion Outcome areas. Duties and responsibilities primarily fall under the following areas:
- Facilitating all activities associated with the Cradle to Career Partnership’s two Change Networks for Post-Secondary Education Enrollment and Post-Secondary Education Completion. The facilitator will launch two new networks of secondary and post-secondary education leaders focused on building collaborative systems for improved and more equitable enrollment and completion outcomes for students in Pima County.
- Planning, designing, and negotiating the scope of work with community partners for a collaborative action plan to increase post-secondary education outcomes across Pima County. Using an equity lens and a continuous improvement framework, the plan will coordinate activities in collaboration with high schools, post-secondary education institutions, and community organizations serving county students.
This is a full-time position for a motivated individual with a high level of initiative, excellent communication, organizational and management skills. Office location is primarily in Tucson, AZ with expected travel to national convenings, conferences and trainings 3-5 times per year when public health guidelines state it is safe to do so. All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000
- Convenes and facilitates regular meetings of the Post-Secondary Education Enrollment and Completion Change Networks and plans meetings with subsets of partners using a results-based facilitation approach that allows Change Network members to rise in leadership and have a greater sense of ownership for the work.
- Engages change network partners to advance post-secondary outcomes through the continuous improvement process
- Recruits community partners, builds, and maintains effective relationships with local government, nonprofits, schools, colleges, business, and philanthropic organizations to advance the goals of increased post-secondary enrollment and completion.
Management and Administration
- Directs project management for all strategies associated with the post-secondary enrollment and completion.
- Directs and facilitates the work of independent contractors and other project participants to develop plans and projects.
- Collaborates with other directors and managers at United Way to develop strategies and partnerships that results in changing community conditions.
- Directs all funded activities, prioritizes responsibilities and assignments, and ensures completion of timely reports and work products.
- Tracks the progress of action plan implementation and progress toward countywide goals and revises action plan components as need based on progress.
- Using the StriveTogether Theory of Action and associated strategic assistance, tools and trainings, facilitates and manages a scope of work to produce results leading to increased post-secondary enrollment and completion.
- Develops, directs, and monitors the overall budget in areas of responsibility.
- With support from the C2C Data Team, facilitates data collection and data sharing plan with community partners for the purpose of both developing and tracking strategies aimed at increasing post-secondary enrollment and completion.
- Hires, directs and supervises the work of staff & volunteers responsible for Change Network identified interventions and strategies.
- Creates and edits a variety of written documents, correspondence, speeches, and reports.
- Ensures that all support staff and consultants perform duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures.
- Leads efforts to apply for funding and develops projects and strategies related to both Post-Secondary Education Change Networks with guidance from the C2C Impact & Improvement Director.
- Researches grant and other funding opportunities and develops collaborative grant proposals to further the work of the Change Networks.
- Collaborates with the Resource Development Department and other Community Development directors to secure private donor, business and foundation resources to support the Change Networks.
- Leads the planning process with partners and develops the operational plan to meet the post-secondary objectives while meeting grant requirements.
- Works with the Cradle to Career Partnership Associate VP and Impact & Improvement Director to develop county-level post-secondary education goals and strategies.
- Researches and analyzes policies and best practices as they relate to post-secondary education pathways.
- Develops and maintains effective communication with United Way staff and other programs and partner agencies.
- Works with Marketing and Communication staff to develop appropriate marketing and public relations materials.
- Makes presentations to local employers, local municipalities, as well as at local and national conferences related to the work of the Cradle to Career Partnership.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- At least a Baccalaureate degree in public administration, education, education leadership, social work, family studies, human services, psychology, or a related field.
- Five years’ experience in post-secondary education, youth development, human services, school counseling, school advising, or other related field (supervisory experience preferred).
- Knowledge of structural racism and its impact on education.
- Understand the challenges faced by marginalized communities — including but not limited to barriers of race, ethnicity, class, ability, immigration status, gender, and their intersections.
- Strong preference for experience in facilitation of large groups
- Preference for experience in leading continuous improvement projects. Yellow Belt in Six Sigma or similar certification preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including clear, concise, and accurate written documents and well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and budgets.
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, time management, research, information management and higher-level organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the Pima County area and nationally two to four times per year as required when public health guidance allows it.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with United Way staff at all levels, volunteers from diverse backgrounds, donors, community partners, independent contractors, parents, and others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and daily access to reliable vehicle.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.