United Way of Kenosha County seeks experienced CEO. Applications are due March 8, 2021. Please submit resumes with cover letter on a .pdf file, not to exceed 3 pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include United Way CEO in the subject line.
The CEO of United Way of Kenosha County is responsible for providing strong leadership with a focus on maximizing the mission of the United Way through partnerships with Kenosha area businesses, individual donors, non-profit agencies, and the public and media.
The CEO will lead the organization in ensuring the mission and message of United Way are communicated consistently to the staff, board members, and volunteers. The CEO will understand and identify the community needs and possess broad business and management skills to lead the organization and its team. Reporting to the board of directors, the CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for United Way Staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop sound knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
- Lead the United Way of Kenosha County to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact the education, health and income needs of people in Kenosha County.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate an effective network of services for the United Way of Kenosha County to be able to address and impact the education, health and income needs of people in Kenosha County.
- Develop excellent partnerships with provider organizations, other community funders and the business community to further the mission and goals of the United Way of Kenosha County and improve the community well-being in Kenosha County.
- Develop and implement a year-round resource development strategy, including a master campaign, plan ensuring proper accountability and accurate reporting.
- Develop and implement a year-round evaluation and assessment of programs to ensure that the priority needs of the community are being addressed and impacted.
- Develop and implement year-round communications and marketing programs to bring broad support and understanding of the United Way of Kenosha County and its mission to the community it serves.
- Develop, manage and effectively involve volunteers to assist the United Way of Kenosha County in addressing and impacting the education, health and income needs of people in Kenosha County.
- Ensure that all business and financial affairs of the United Way in Kenosha County are conducted in accordance with all acceptable standards of business and regulatory agencies at the lowest cost possible including implementation and maintenance of budgetary controls.
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with Federal, State, local and United Way guidelines.
- Supervise staff to meet the mission and goals of the United Way of Kenosha County.
- Implement the Human Resource policies of the United Way of Kenosha County.
- Collaborate with other United Way organizations including United Way Wisconsin and United Way Worldwide.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct
- Visionary leadership
- Leadership by example
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Interpersonal skills including listening, group dynamics management and conflict resolution
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software proficiency skills
- Group presentation skills
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
Experience and Knowledge
- Successful leadership in a community impact organization
- Successful leadership of revenue raising efforts
- Successful management and involvement of volunteers
- Successful program planning, development, implementation and evaluation
- Successful budgetary/financial management
Bachelor Degree and at least three (3) years of directly related Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director experience
Bachelor Degree and at least five (5) years of directly related senior staff level experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to the qualifications listed above
Prefer a Master Degree and at least three (3) years of directly related Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director experience
Valid driver’s license
State compliant vehicle insurance
Ability to be individually bonded
Ability for some travel