Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for a Case Manager to join our CFS team. As a Case Manager you will responsible for conducting assessments, resource navigation and coordination of community resources; particularly with veterans and military families experiencing barriers to stability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs needs and comprehensive assessments; develops or updates plans, with students to address their needs and to facilitate navigation and referral to appropriate service providers or facilities; engages students in the development of action plans
- Provides information about the UWM Workforce Fund to potential students, community members, and UWM stakeholders
- Counsels students on sustaining success and wellness; conducts activities and monitors the service environment in a manner to maximize student success and well-being
- Advocates on behalf of students and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues
- Tracks and compiles outcomes of services provided; manages documentation for organizational purposes as well as management and reporting
- Composes or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications
- Stays abreast of community resources and procedures for referring students to appropriate resources; coordinates student access to community services, when appropriate
- Identify, cultivate and maintain effective relationships with key providers of other community resources and services, coordinating efforts as needed in order to maximize client impact
- Acts as Point of Contact (POC) for internal and provider referrals; contributes to students’ success through participation in team meetings, interaction with team members and direct contact with students
- Coordinates and tracks payments to students for emergency assistance or other grants
- Provides and maintains engagement support with students through follow-up calls and program surveys
- Provides supportive counseling as needed.
- Tracks enrollment and utilization of services, and supports outreach efforts
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Due to leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly in times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organizations crisis plan and response efforts.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required with major course work in social work, psychology or other field closely related.
Experience Requirements: At least 2 years of experience in social casework, counseling, eligibility determination, social service or community resource referral, or closely related work. Case management background preferred.
Technology Requirements: Advanced Outlook, intermediate Microsoft Office suite and Andar/SalesForce.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, to view our EEO statement, Drug-Free policy and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).