PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide case management services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness in order to support them in achieving and maintaining permanent housing. Determine program eligibility, complete offsite inspections of rental units and link clients to other community resources to meet their needs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Percentage of Time
50% 1. Case Management: Case manage program participants in the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing programs. Conduct intakes and orientations with potential program participants. Create a Housing Stability Plan to establish goals for maintaining permanent housing. Complete initial certifications and subsequent re-certifications of program participants, including obtaining all required supportive documentation for program compliance. Meet with clients approximately monthly.
30% 2. Client Support: Assist clients with locating housing using such tools as summithousingsearch.org. Conduct inspections of rental units prior to the client signing a lease. Advocate for potential and active program participants regarding issues with landlords. Conduct the Financial Literacy class and Orientation with program participants as assigned.
15% 3. Documentation and Recordkeeping: Track and document program participant progress. Maintain up-to-date information and documentation in the program participant files and timely data entry into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). Complete income recertifications for program participants. Participate in funding audits of program participant files.
5% 4. Partner Relationship Management: Collaborate and communicate closely with partner agencies regarding referrals for services for program participants to maximize participant outcomes, program goals, and agency mission. Maintain positive relationships with the staff and volunteers of homeless service agencies involved in the CoC and other community organizations. Participate in outreach to landlords and other organizations to create new linkages for program participants. Attend Continuum of Care meetings and other community meetings as assigned to promote housing services or other UW programs.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Coordinator, Housing Services; Community Impact Team; Finance Department; All internal staff of United Way of Summit County; Continuum of Care for the Homeless; other community partners and funders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred; Associate’s degree with related work experience accepted.
- Minimum one-year experience working with clients in crisis and/or homeless preferred.
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Interest in the improvement of the Summit County community.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plans, and meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
- Commitment to maintaining an awareness of best practices within the United Way Worldwide Network.
- Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs, utilizing elevator.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Extensive reading.
- Minimal lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours on occasion.
- Must report to work and be willing to work non-standard hours in case of a community wide disaster.
- After-hours event attendance occasionally.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance.
- Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in Summit County area.
To apply: Interested applicants that meet the minimum qualifications can submit an updated resume to human resources by Monday July 23, 2018.
EOE. No phone calls, please.